Carolina Crown 2019

2 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Also, can we go back to Puck One, fun, campy, weird Crown please? 

Puck... the Second Chance    :whistle:

Just now, Wog said:

No. No more second chance shows. No more trilogy shows. No more shows trying to revive an old show. No more shows trying to ride coat tails...oh wait, wrong corps.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I've always felt 2009 was their best total design - the guard wasn't quite where it was in 13-16 but the total package show design was incredible; perhaps one of the best package designs ever

Other than that - I wish them nothing but the best for 2019 - you know you've "made it" when you finish 4th and folks are wondering "what went wrong"

Congrats to Crown on a tremendous year!

Exactly! With all this talk, you would have thought they finished 8th or worse...nope just a solid 4th place lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wog said:

Ok -- 2009:  What happens AFTER she runs off into the tunnel?

This was the first “full” season for the design team. 2017 was an abbreviated design season. I feel like this year the visual team was saddled with some musical choices that made their job  well nigh impossible. I think the music team will need to work more closely with  the visual to make sure they can realize the concept on the field. 

Visually I think they need to be bigger and bolder.  The book was amazing close up but it was not very effective from an ensemble standpoint.  This is not hard to fix if the writers are willing to put overall effect in front of individual artistry.  

Finally Jeff is going to have to expand his repertoire to include more organic staging on the field. There’s still a place for drill but you can’t be a one trick pony.  And I think we saw a move in that direction this year. 

Crown 17 and 18 have been a huge departures from the designs of the past. It will be fun to see what 2019 brings. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

I foresee some big changes this off season. A few that might catch people off guard

Foreshadowing?

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

I foresee some big changes this off season. A few that might catch people off guard. 

As long as we still have the Harloff brothers, I'll be okay. Lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

I foresee some big changes this off season. A few that might catch people off guard. 

...and can you confirm or deny the last word in your quote is the operative term?