Carolina Crown 2019

1 hour ago, BWise said:

You think BAC will put a late season crown set in their show. ? Tacky of me right? 

If they do it'll be upside down.

Just curious.......

Is Crown's current design team made up of "home grown" talent? If not, did they bring (to Crown) any signature moves or other things that they're known for, from their previous organization(s)?   I'm referring to things such as the way a drum line or brass line sounds, the look of the color guard, or a  particular style or way the corps handles marching and movement on the field.

I look forward to seeing Crown perform, in person, at some point this season. 🙂

Edited by Barneveld

2 hours ago, BWise said:

I mean they’ve even got the iconic Triple Crown exaggerated foot swipe.  

Sorry...no.  All of Boston's choreography for the hornline is designed and taught by one man.  And HE is a former Cavalier....no ties to Crown at all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

Sorry...no.  All of Boston's choreography for the hornline is designed and taught by one man.  And HE is a former Cavalier....no ties to Crown at all.

2 minutes ago, craiga said:

Yeah sorry yes. The show reeks of Crown .. to the point they use the same graphic designer for show logo and same official photographer as Crown has in the past.  The guard ... Crown ppl.. the creatives are Crown and they are driving the choreography to Crown-like movements. It’s just a fact... they look and feel like Crown. I mean the list is exhaustive .

the bee hive spiral .. same.. the grouping of brass in the ballad .. same staging  .. the field right look after the rock sling .. same ..  on and on 

All I’m saying is .. if you hire the guy from Chanel to work at Givenchy .. you expect a different dress. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Barneveld said:

Just curious.......

Is Crown's current design team made up of "home grown" talent? If not, did they bring (to Crown) any signature moves or other things that they're known for, from their previous organization(s)?   I'm referring to things such as the way a drum line or brass line sounds, the look of the color guard, or a  particular style or way the corps handles marching and movement on the field.

I look forward to seeing Crown perform, in person, at some point this season. 🙂

Absolutely there are other influences  .. but when you watch Crown .. there is no question they are still Crown .. not appropriations from elsewhere. The new team seems to be working with the same materials and fabric that were there but tweaking and changing to slightly personalize .. particularly in the drill design. But I don’t watch them and think .. wow when did the Cadets move to South Carolina.

Ok. Sorry I’ll stop but it is just the facts. 

51 minutes ago, BWise said:

Absolutely there are other influences  .. but when you watch Crown .. there is no question they are still Crown .. not appropriations from elsewhere. The new team seems to be working with the same materials and fabric that were there but tweaking and changing to slightly personalize .. particularly in the drill design. But I don’t watch them and think .. wow when did the Cadets move to South Carolina.

Ok. Sorry I’ll stop but it is just the facts. 

Here are some more facts for you.  The Boston Crusaders are an 80 year old organization.  People have marched or taught here for years then went to other drum corps...INCLUDING Crown. Including this season! Get over it already man!  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, craiga said:

Here are some more facts for you.  The Boston Crusaders are an 80 year old organization.  People have marched or taught here for years then went to other drum corps...INCLUDING Crown. Including this season! Get over it already man!  

8073e634-9972-4d80-8675-ebd483b7e238_r64

• Like 1