Carolina Crown 2019

51 minutes ago, nsxanax said:

Back in the day, wool was torture. Can’t imagine what it’d it be like in a plastic-like material.

The dome venues will provide some relief, but those outdoor shows will be a real challenge. 

It's definitely not plastic-like at all.  It's a very fine mesh.  In any case, layers add heat.  

The other possibility is that they're just experimenting in response to a judge comment.  Were there judges in common between Muncie and Rockford?  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Highwaydude said:

the drum majors had it on...the rest of the corps only had the small arm piece on..look at the 2nd photo and zoom in on the brass.. 

I see... I was only going by the photo on the forum. I know the Pit removes them during the ballad. Must have been do to the heat.

3 hours ago, karuna said:

Actually BWise is making completely accurate observations about the appearance of the Boston show (in the Crown thread no less).    Apparently that offends the Boston Clan who get upset at the least critical comment about  CrownNorth made it their thread (what was it they said? "Don't $$$$ in our territory" or something? )  but feel free to come into other corps threads do it themselves.  Perhaps they need to follow their own advice! 

Anyway I really enjoy the CrownNorth productions.  It's like having a second Crown on the field every season 🙂

Totally agree .. Crown 2X ... how much better does it get ?  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Back in the day, wool was torture. Can’t imagine what it’d it be like in a plastic-like material.

The dome venues will provide some relief, but those outdoor shows will be a real challenge. 

Can’t imagine what I would’ve looked like in a head to toe spandex unitard. Yikes.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, karuna said:

It's definitely not plastic-like at all.  It's a very fine mesh.  In any case, layers add heat.  

The other possibility is that they're just experimenting in response to a judge comment.  Were there judges in common between Muncie and Rockford?  

Yeah, I was goofing re the uni fabric: I’m sure it’s state of the [marching] arts, whatever it is.

Suspect you’re on to something as it relates to judges’ observations/comments.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Well, if you've ever worn a cup...😅😅😅

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

Were the vocal tracks that are inlayed with the brass during the opening hit new for the Muncie show?

They were new for the Zionsville show. 

• Like 1