Carolina Crown 2019

I find the Weather Underground app to be pretty on target. I am finding Weather Channel a bit hit or miss. When traveling I try and find the TV station locals claim to be best, compare it to Weather Underground, and usually have reliable forecasts.

27 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I used to live in FL. Evening storms are basically a daily occurrence during the summer months in Florida. The good news is that they rarely last longer than an hour or two. So yes it’ll almost certainly rain, but the worst you’re looking at in all likelihood is a delay. 

Unfortunately this season we are experiencing stronger than normal storm patterns - heavy long lasting rain, severe lightning, microbursts.  Disney took damage several times already this year, something that rarely occurs or at least are not widely publicized...even the natives are commenting on the unusual weather.  heat index is bad lately too, adding to the weather issues.

current predictions for the weekend are 50%+ chance of rain - concerning.

9 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

Unfortunately this season we are experiencing stronger than normal storm patterns - heavy long lasting rain, severe lightning, microbursts.  Disney took damage several times already this year, something that rarely occurs or at least are not widely publicized...even the natives are commenting on the unusual weather.  heat index is bad lately too, adding to the weather issues.

Well that’s a bummer. 🙁

2 hours ago, JohnZ said:

It's not just Florida either, but the States as a whole. Just yesterday my small town experienced a pop up storm that seemed to go nowhere for about 4 hours. It caused flooding in spots I've never seen flooded, claps of thunder so loud that it busted my neighbors window, and winds so strong that it took out a telephone pole. We haven't had issues with heat yet, but our hottest month is September. The humidity has been an issue though, staying in the 90 percentile.

I went up last year to Orlando and a thunderstorm hung out nearby with lightening for the longest time and they delayed the show for about two hours. Let hope that don't repeat Saturday night. 

3 hours ago, crownisking said:

I used to live in FL. Evening storms are basically a daily occurrence during the summer months in Florida. The good news is that they rarely last longer than an hour or two. So yes it’ll almost certainly rain, but the worst you’re looking at in all likelihood is a delay. 

It would be one thing if it were just a shower or two, but they're calling for scattered thunderstorms, so there's likely to be lightning nearby all night. It does appear that the end of the storms has been pushed back, so hopefully by the time Saturday rolls around we will have clear skies in Florida for the show! Or at least partly cloudy. Lol.

Here is the current aviation forecast which covers from now thru 20:00 local on the 5th 

they are quite accurate.

basically it’s forecasting thunderstorms on the 4th after  1600L and 

on the 5th thunderstorms in the vicinity after 16:00L

there will be a new forecast later tonight going thru midnight on the 5th  

I fly down there a lot and it’s always challenging avoiding weather in the summer.  It’s not the best place for a summertime outdoor event especially in the afternoon or evenings.   Plus it’s wicked hot and humid.  

KMCO 041738Z 0418/0524 15005KT P6SM SCT030 BKN250 
  FM041900 12007KT P6SM VCTS SCT035CB BKN070 
  TEMPO 0420/0423 3SM TSRA BKN030CB OVC060 
  FM050000 VRB03KT P6SM FEW040 SCT100 BKN250 
  FM051400 16008KT P6SM FEW040 SCT250 
  FM052000 13008KT P6SM VCTS SCT040CB BKN250

• Like 1

2 hours ago, karuna said:

It's A Show Day!

LETS GO CROWN!!!!!

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

LETS GO CROWN!!!!!

Nice to have Crown back in a show.  These few shows should be fun but I'm really looking forward to Memphis where Crown will meet with Bloo again and SCV for the first time this season.  But I'm all for some home show HYPE!  

• Like 3