Carolina Crown 2019

1 hour ago, BWise said:

Did anyone watch the stand-up from the baseball game?  Impressive brass of course blowing it out only like CrownBrass can .. but holy crap..  where did this percussion show up from. It was tight ...

I sadly have not been able to find anything on this. If you have a source, might you send it my way!

5 minutes ago, DcFr3aK said:

I sadly have not been able to find anything on this. If you have a source, might you send it my way!

It’s on the Crown FB page. Videos. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, B-Flat said:

I will be at the show tonight and am really hyped.  Currently its a bit cloudy, but I'm hoping for the rain to stay away during the show.

Anyone else going?

En route right now from northeastern SC! Trying to make it to ensemble at 3:30 barring any rain. Really just want it to rain and get it out of its system by showtime! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, karuna said:

Nice to have Crown back in a show.  These few shows should be fun but I'm really looking forward to Memphis where Crown will meet with Bloo again and SCV for the first time this season.  But I'm all for some home show HYPE!  

It's nice to have them back in a lineup period. It's been too long. 

3 hours ago, xandandl said:

Crown Cares, Surf's and Blue Stars food collections (for someone other than themselves) set the Class of the Activity.  The rest are too caught in narcissism.

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

You are entitled to your opinion, and after over 50 years in the activity and in DCI since it's first meetings, so am I.  This is a judged activity on and off the field.                                                  Next you'll be backing sousaphones.

CrownCares does a lot more than food collections, and if you weren't busy making snarky comments you would know this. You would also know that several other corps do charity work as well, but of course the first time someone says something to you about your nasty comment you come back with "I've been around for 50 years and I'm entitled to my opinion!" Just get off our lawn, please and thank you.

Oh...and one more thing...

SEvoo67.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I'm surprised no one has commented about the show last night....it was unexpected that BAC placed higher than crown...at least to me. I'm not saying that shouldn't have happened or just had a bad run., But it's something that hasn't happened in an insanely long time...2006 I think.. At least the difference between the scores were small. Crowns music captions scores were really satisfying. I guess we'll see what happens tonight at Orlando. 

I wish BAc or/and SCV would perform with Crown at the Bentonville show....I'll be there I wanna see how they stack up live with Crown

1 hour ago, SimonSays said:

I'm surprised no one has commented about the show last night....it was unexpected that BAC placed higher than crown...at least to me. I'm not saying that shouldn't have happened or just had a bad run., But it's something that hasn't happened in an insanely long time...2006 I think.. At least the difference between the scores were small. Crowns music captions scores were really satisfying. I guess we'll see what happens tonight at Orlando. 

I wish BAc or/and SCV would perform with Crown at the Bentonville show....I'll be there I wanna see how they stack up live with Crown

Well .. there is not a lot to say but there are some good topics in the event thread. From looking at the scores .. for Crown

Music is in a great place ... bigger scores than the GE deficit 

The visual program seems to be executing well but are there some design issues? As others have said . particularly integrating the guard . . Look at how far the guard has come  .. and VA .. whatever ..feels like a very subjective sub-caption.

GE .. overall the highly produced “Broadway on Grass” shows are getting the biggest rewards  .. just not the type of show Crown has on the field.

This was one night only but it will be a flight for 4/5 .. BAC/CC  I’m not sure either with make it much past there  .. I like both shows more than the three ahead of them  ..  

A novice opinion  .. 

Edited by BWise
Typo

5 minutes ago, BWise said:

Well .. there is not a lot to say but there are some good topics in the event thread. From looking at the scores .. for Crown

Music is in a great place ... bigger scores than the GE deficit 

The visual program seems to be executing well but are there some design issues? As others have said . particularly integrating the guard . . Look at how far the guard has come  .. and VA .. whatever ..feels like a very subjective sub-caption.

GE .. overall the highly produced “Broadway on Grass” shows are getting the biggest rewards  .. just not the type of show Crown has on the field.

This was one night only but it will be a flight for 4/5 .. BAC/CC  I’m not sure either with make it much past there  .. I like both shows more than the three ahead of them  ..  

A novice opinion  .. 

Novice or not, IMHO you make some valid observations there. 

I suspect the absence of buzz in CrownLAND is that folks are taking stock of where Crown is at this moment and what that might look like in the next 5 weeks.

If there are design issues, perhaps that can be addressed.

Regardless, I’ll remain a honk until the last note of the season. While I have no way of knowing if staff or MM’s ever peruse these pages, they deserve our unwavering support.

They always have mine...

• Like 1