Carolina Crown 2019

IT's FINALLY a FRIGGIN SHOW DAY... with SCV!

The first of SIX shows over the next EIGHT days! Time to show the world the true character of this corps!

LET'S GO CROWN!!!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Yea... it would be so much more cohesive and musically interesting if the sound was all mixed up and processed and the pit was playing sextuplet runs underneath it...  while someone is swinging from a canopy.

Honestly I don't understand the pre-occupation with props.  You climb on them, sit on them, push them around, stand and play on them (oh and bang on them).  It's not innovative AT ALL.  Heck Crown was climbing up and playing on props in 2011!   This has all been done before.  Lots of times.  The only element I see increasing is the performer risk.  Just makes no sense at all to me.  I'm really, really glad Crown is marching actual drill.   </rant>

• Like 6

11 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Yeah.

We truly dedicated, Kool-Aid drinking Crownies, have a tacit agreement to deny any possible parallels to prior seasons, at least until SA.

After that, we simply assume full denial mode.😎

And yes, tongue fully engaged in cheek...

Yeah. I know it was last year .. precedent setting RE: things that don’t work and get fixed.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yeah. I know it was last year .. precedent setting RE: things that don’t work and get fixed.  

Calling a show a beast is long standing metaphor for me.  Always asked performers 'would the beast own them or would they own the beast?'  The moment that transition from one to the other occurs is a very rewarding experience for a designer/instructor.  In any case -- tying this to Beast -- this year is clearly a reflection of learning from last year's experiences.  (so there - I tied them together as well) 

Edited by karuna
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I would love to see Boston beat both Vanguard and Crown, and I don’t care what the spread is. 

I would love to see BD beat Bloo by 2 points

Oh wait what thread are we in? 

Back to Crown...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, karuna said:

Honestly I don't understand the pre-occupation with props.  You climb on them, sit on them, push them around, stand and play on them (oh and bang on them).  It's not innovative AT ALL.  Heck Crown was climbing up and playing on props in 2011!   This has all been done before.  Lots of times.  The only element I see increasing is the performer risk.  Just makes no sense at all to me.  I'm really, really glad Crown is marching actual drill.   </rant>

Crown’s best use of props was 1996.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Poppycock said:

I would love to see Boston beat both Vanguard and Crown, and I don’t care what the spread is. 

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I would love to see BD beat Bloo by 2 points

Oh wait what thread are we in? 

Back to Crown...

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Soon very soon. 

Thank you both for proving our point a few pages back. 

• Haha 1