Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Of course, but you have to look back on previous years. In all recent years it is very unlikely that anyone who is behind someone at this stage, at the top, is going to catch them. SCV is most certainly going to beat Crown in guard and percussion, and quite possibly could beat them in brass. That bleeds into GE. 

Go back and look for the past several years at the top tier corps. Not much changes between now and finals within the top 4.

 

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

I think Crown has the most fantastic show of the season. I absolutely LOVE their drill this year. It’s difficult, but not difficult for the sake of difficult. It fits the music so well and is really exciting to watch. Were I a judge I’d have Crown winning GE and Visual (at least the content sub-captions right now), but I’m not a judge. Vanguard dominated them on the sheets tonight. The overall score was close, but Vanguard won 12 out of 16 sub-captions. That’s domination, so right now it isn’t as close as the spread in total score.

Yet Crown was .1 and .2 behind in GE...hmm...also, lets talk recent years. 2015.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your subcaption wins are so thin they're not creating a huge spread, you're not dominating. Go look at Dekalb to see what domination looks like.

Edited by Brass Lover
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I think Crown has the most fantastic show of the season. I absolutely LOVE their drill this year. It’s difficult, but not difficult for the sake of difficult. It fits the music so well and is really exciting to watch. Were I a judge I’d have Crown winning GE and Visual (at least the content sub-captions right now), but I’m not a judge. Vanguard dominated them on the sheets tonight. The overall score was close, but Vanguard won 12 out of 16 sub-captions. That’s domination, so right now it isn’t as close as the spread in total score.

Let's see what the week holds. Crown's performance tonight was the type that sends a clear message that they are to be contended with in the jostling for a medal.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Crown also just saw a huge jump in score, and has a week of shows against SCV. Now that they have someone in the top tier to compare themselves to nightly, Crown could very well start surging into a medal spot.

Scores themselves don’t matter. Spreads matter. Crown was 8 tenths behind Vanguard, Vanguard was 7 tenths behind Bluecoats 3 nights ago. So, Crown is probably 1.5 down from Bluecoats, and BAC is probably 2.4 down by Bluecoats. So, nothing has really changed at all from the last time Bluecoats met BAC. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Brass Lover said:

If you're subcaption wins are so thin they're not creating a huge spread, you're not dominating. Go look at Dekalb to see what domination looks like.

Sure...but in Delkalb you have early season 1/2 v. 6 in Memphis you have 2/3 v 4 v 5 in competition. I would expect things to be much closer with this group tonight.

Edited by ThePlanets

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Brass Lover said:

If you're subcaption wins are so thin they're not creating a huge spread, you're not dominating. Go look at Dekalb to see what domination looks like.

Again, go back and review recaps from prior years. Today 8 tenths is a much bigger margin than in recent pasts. 12 out of 16 sub-captions is domination. 12 out of 16 judges thought Vanguard better than Crown. Hate to disappoint you, but that’s domination.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ThePlanets said:

Sure...but in Delkalb you have early season 1/2 v. 6 in Memphis you have 2/3 v 4 v 5 in competition.

Exactly. Bluecoats had no one in their tier in DeKalb. Were Vanguard and BD there it would have been a completely different story. I still think Bluecoats would have beaten Vanguard, but perhaps not BD.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you are winning almost all subcaptions against teams in your tier, it’s still pretty convincing. DeKalb is not a good example. It’s top tier versus one next tier and several lower. Apples and oranges. If SCV beats Crown in all music captions, that’s Crowns bread and butter. They won’t pass them until that happens, which could be next show, who knows?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

 

Yet Crown was .1 and .2 behind in GE...hmm...also, lets talk recent years. 2015.

Yeah, and I can point to dozens of examples were one corps was .1 behind here and .2 behind there for an ENTIRE season. It’s very hard to overcome someone you’re behind, especially when that’s Vanguard or BD. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To me it says, Crown is now in the top 4 game and will hang with BD, SCV and Bloo. SCV has just said that they aren’t going away and with the changes that didn’t go into tonight du to weather, it could make a bigger difference this coming week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.