Carolina Crown 2019

8 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

At this point, I don’t think Vanguard or Crown will catch Bloo. BD is a wild card. I think they have the best show of the season. I think they are the ones to beat. But, one of three things is going to happen:

1. BD is going to win out, unchallenged to the title.

2. BD and Bloo are neck-and-neck and it’s going to be a battle for the finish.

3. Bloo is going to go undefeated, unchallenged for the title. 

Again *I* think BD has the best show - doesn’t mean the judges do. 

Using a season to season model BD should win come finals night. 

IF they don't win it will be the first time since 05 that they didn't win the year after not winning and the first time since 06 that we have seen 2 (or more) years without a BD championship and would signify that times are indeed changing.

Of course I'm rooting for Bloo but if I were to bet I would still put money on BD for the gold.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Using a season to season model BD should win come finals night. 

IF they don't win it will be the first time since 05 that they didn't win the year after not winning and the first time since 06 that we have seen 2 (or more) years without a BD championship and would signify that times are indeed changing.

Of course I'm rooting for Bloo but if I were to bet I would still put money on BD for the gold.

I have from ‘84 to ‘16 rooted for anyone other than BD, because in the 80s and 90s I just didn’t like them, then they won so much I wanted others to win. Now, I just want the best corps with what I think the best show to win. I don’t think that’s the Bluecoats this year. There’s a lot to like in their show, but I hate all the crap on the field (that really isn’t utilized all that well) and the musical arrangements. To me, their arrangements are difficult for the sake of being difficult. I hate that corps have to arrange everything to play to the judges, and be rewarded, rather than the fans. Bloos music to me sounds almost like an original composition with snippets of the Beatles thrown in here and there. Do do love their guard book. 

I want Vanguard too put the changes in that will make me think the show is championship worthy. If that doesn’t happen, I want Crown or BD to win. But, it could very well be Bluecoats.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I have from ‘84 to ‘16 rooted for anyone other than BD, because in the 80s and 90s I just didn’t like them, then they won so much I wanted others to win. Now, I just want the best corps with what I think the best show to win. I don’t think that’s the Bluecoats this year. There’s a lot to like in their show, but I hate all the crap on the field (that really isn’t utilized all that well) and the musical arrangements. To me, their arrangements are difficult for the sake of being difficult. I hate that corps have to arrange everything to play to the judges, and be rewarded, rather than the fans. Bloos music to me sounds almost like an original composition with snippets of the Beatles thrown in here and there. Do do love their guard book. 

I want Vanguard too put the changes in that will make me think the show is championship worthy. If that doesn’t happen, I want Crown or BD to win. But, it could very well be Bluecoats.

Was it Shakespeare that said "to each his own?"  (or maybe it was Bobby Vinton)  

The LAST thing I think of when I listen to Bloo's show is "I bet the judges are gonna like that."  I'm usually thinking "Holy Crap...that sounds freakin' awesome!"  

I do agree that much of the show DOES sound like an original composition.  THANK YOU Thrower Rarick!!!  Pure genius.

• Like 3

My two cents (and it is about what this is worth)... I actually think Crown is in the mix to medal and could be in the conversation for gold because they are so different from the others. The visual complexity and demand... the playing and moving, the musicianship across the board and the musical moments they uniquely create should serve them well down the stretch. At least I would hope so... that is not to say it will... but it is certainly possible. The more they clean the more difficult it becomes to deny them credit for what they are doing since it is glaringly different. This may be my wishful thinking as some others have mentioned because this is the direction I would prefer the activity to move toward... more playing on the move and difficult drill design/demand and less Broadway/Cirque du Soleil.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, queenanne_1536 said:

I want Crown to win, because that’s the direction I want the activity to head it. It’s so thrilling watching them on high camera. It’s just amazing. I miss drill like that. I miss drill while playing like that. It’s unfortunate, but I think it’s going to a challenge for them to medal. If SCV sweeps them in music, then it will certainly be over. 

I also love this show visually and for overall GE but I am just not impressed with their music analysis and brass scores from Memphis last night...they sound great the content just isn't there (yet *hopefully*)

SCVs music book is fantastic.

Edited by ThePlanets

20 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Was it Shakespeare that said "to each his own?"  (or maybe it was Bobby Vinton)  

I think it was Bobby Hoffman.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Poppycock said:

What a night at The Stud. The rave was spectacular. 

Onto the show! Crown and Boston will stay second tier and not medal.

Those naughty little Devils were rained out but there’s no way to avoid their presence, here they come. 

Of course top tier will be BD, Bluecoats and Vanguard. 

Congratulations to Vanguard! You made the West Coasters proud. 

So let it be written, so let it be done.

For all you corps out there in pursuit of a precious or semi precious metal: game’s over. Gas up the busses, and head back to the barn. Age-outs, start your post MM life a few weeks early. 2nd tier & below staffs, get the pole position on 2020 prep.

Talking to you: BAC, Cadets, Cavies, Crown...pack it in, folks.

If, on the other hand, you subscribe to that sage philosopher Yogi Berra that, “It ain’t over ‘til it’s over,” or perhaps more apropos, “It ain’t over ‘til Brandt Crocker sings,” then your temerity to stick around might be forgiven.

Stranger Things have happened. Even outside, the upside down.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, queenanne_1536 said:

At this point, I don’t think Vanguard or Crown will catch Bloo. BD is a wild card. I think they have the best show of the season. I think they are the ones to beat. But, one of three things is going to happen:

1. BD is going to win out, unchallenged to the title.

2. BD and Bloo are neck-and-neck and it’s going to be a battle for the finish.

3. Bloo is going to go undefeated, unchallenged for the title. 

Again *I* think BD has the best show - doesn’t mean the judges do. 

My how you've changed your song over the last week. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

SCVs music book is fantastic.

But they barely march and play, or move and play. When they do, it's at like 140 for 2 sets and then they're running horns down again. It's irritating that this is being rewarded.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

But they barely march and play, or move and play. When they do, it's at like 140 for 2 sets and then they're running horns down again. It's irritating that this is being rewarded.

True. The SCV show as a whole isn't necessarily better than Crowns I was just referring to the music book. 

Don't necessarily think they should be ahead of Crown in 8/12 captions. I'm not a guard person though and Crown scored 3rd in guard- so I'm sure that's a contributor to their visual scores.