Carolina Crown 2019

50 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

Crown stays 4th, they are to strong musically

I agree but still think there is a chance, albeit remote, for them to catch SCV that is my heart... my head says they win Ott, Music and 4th unless the GE gods come to their senses.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MusicManNJ said:

I agree but still think there is a chance, albeit remote, for them to catch SCV that is my heart... my head says they win Ott, Music and 4th unless the GE gods come to their senses.

I don't think the GE judges are very far off 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cappybara said:

I don't think the GE judges are very far off 

Probably not a popular opinion in CrownLAND, but over the course of this season, that’s been the message from adjudicators.

Again, and again, and...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Probably not a popular opinion in CrownLAND, but over the course of this season, that’s been the message from adjudicators.

Again, and again, and...

I've been stating this since seeing them at Ford Field....

IT'S A CYO Nationals SHOW DAY!

LET'S GO CROWN!!!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Again, and again, and...

Does not mean I like it. I mean .. I watched Sunday night 8 times and I just don’t think it’s 6/7 in GE. These judges get their heads locked in early and things don’t seem to move that much. 

• Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, BWise said:

Does not mean I like it. I mean .. I watched Sunday night 8 times and I just don’t think it’s 6/7 in GE. These judges get their heads locked in early and things don’t seem to move that much. 

I agree... I do not think they are being given credit GE wise for what they are doing up to this point and my hope is this will change... maybe not as much as I would like but certainly closer to the top group.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nsxanax said:

Again, and again, and...

My prior post, referenced above, was in no way a concurrence with how Crown’s GE has been viewed by judging panels this year. 

I’ve honked early and often in ‘19, and at this late a date in the season, had certainly hoped Crown would be in the hunt for for gold or silver rather than fighting to hold on to 4th.

At season start, more than a few contributors—whose knowledge of all things corps, far exceeds mine—were of the opinion that Crown’s GE component was not top tier, and their early reads have been validated over the course of the season by adjudicators.

Personally, I’ve enjoyed Beneath the Surface as much as anything since Relentless. It’s trademark Crown, and NOBODY DOES IT BETTER.

Regardless of how things shake out next Saturday, I’ll remain a steadfast supporter, and like every year, will immediately start counting the weeks ‘til next season 👑👍

• Like 4