Carolina Crown 2019

8 hours ago, drumcorpsfever said:

I'll take an Ott CrownBRASS hornline, and I'm not a member. Crown's brass is beautiful. It's the show that I will listen to long after I watch anyone else.

I Interpreted the question as being asked in the frame of the members but I could be totally off base 

3 hours ago, BWise said:

Does not mean I like it. I mean .. I watched Sunday night 8 times and I just don’t think it’s 6/7 in GE. These judges get their heads locked in early and things don’t seem to move that much. 

Huh? BD's been slowly moving up in brass and GE, Cavies have been shooting up, Cadets have been tanking half this season, phantom Had a mid season surge, Madison kept falling and falling while Pacific Crest has been steadily passing by corps. 

Saying the judges get locked in and don't change their opinion over the course of the season is a ridiculous statement. Just take a look at Phantom 2009. They spent the first half of the season scoring within 2 points of the Cavies because of the 2008 result and eventually fell to 9th place and 6 points behind the Cavies. 

The judges do get caught with slotting in the beginning but do eventually figure it out. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Huh? BD's been slowly moving up in brass and GE, Cavies have been shooting up, Cadets have been tanking half this season, phantom Had a mid season surge, Madison kept falling and falling while Pacific Crest has been steadily passing by corps. 

Saying the judges get locked in and don't change their opinion over the course of the season is a ridiculous statement. Just take a look at Phantom 2009. They spent the first half of the season scoring within 2 points of the Cavies because of the 2008 result and eventually fell to 9th place and 6 points behind the Cavies. 

The judges do get caught with slotting in the beginning but do eventually figure it out. 

I agree with this. 

• Like 1

Wow Brass...that’s a high score to hit before Allentown. This group is setting their sights on that 20 again!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

Wow Brass...that’s a high score to hit before Allentown. This group is setting their sights on that 20 again!

Max out the brass and lose that advantage as other corps brass score creeps up by finals. Scary for Crown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Max out the brass and lose that advantage as other corps brass score creeps up by finals. Scary for Crown.

Lol ok

Just now, Brass Lover said:

Lol ok

Lol ook

21 minutes ago, jjeffeory said:

Yup. It's just simple math. I'd be surprised if they won brass by more than 0.3 (and that's me being generous) so if their score hits 20, the next corps is likely going to be at a 19.8 or 19.7

• Like 2