Carolina Crown 2019

3 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

It used to be when you mentioned Crown and a top caption, everyone assumed brass. Now, folks will start asking brass or percussion?

Great job EVERYONE!

Yeah I rolled up on CrownDrums in Atlanta .. during their warmup.. not to be corny but you could tell it was beyond determination.. those kids have it in their souls.. I mean killing it!! 

• Like 2

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

We may not be in the running for the Sanford just yet, but did anyone think we'd even be having this discussion after say 2013?

Well, yes and no. Because if it took getting a perfect finals night brass score in 2013 to inch out a 1st place finish, most of us knew the percussion would have to drastically improve for Crown to have a realistic shot at ever winning it again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yeah I rolled up on CrownDrums in Atlanta .. during their warmup.. not to be corny but you could tell it was beyond determination.. those kids have it in their souls.. I mean killing it!! 

The best thing about CrownDrums is they're just going to keep rolling.  There's a nice train of talent flowing from winter to summer.  The staff has solidified and I just can't say enough about Travis leading his team in the right direction.  

Edited by karuna
  • Like 4

Man, I wish I could’ve been there for Allentown or Buffalo. I always knew this show had the potential to be awesome, and I’m glad it’s finally getting the recognition it deserves!!! If Crown gets 3rd this year, that’ll be the greatest comeback story in DCI from the last few years. If they get second (or hell, first), I might actually have a heart attack!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, crownisking said:

Well, yes and no. Because if it took getting a perfect finals night brass score in 2013 to inch out a 1st place finish, most of us knew the percussion would have to drastically improve for Crown to have a realistic shot at ever winning it again.

And I think they are doing it.

I've noticed over the past 2-3 seasons, the battery has been given a lot more "face time" (if you will) with the perc judge. Almost daring him to score them down. It also puts the battery literally on the spot to bring their A-game.

The results are speaking for themselves.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Man, I wish I could’ve been there for Allentown or Buffalo. I always knew this show had the potential to be awesome, and I’m glad it’s finally getting the recognition it deserves!!! If Crown gets 3rd this year, that’ll be the greatest comeback story in DCI from the last few years. If they get second (or hell, first), I might actually have a heart attack!

Imagine if this year were the first time in over a decade (last time was 2006) where the Blue Devils did NOT get silver or gold... and it was because of Crown sneaking up on them for some overdue revenge *cough* 2015 *cough*

Edited by ccklinefelter
Further research
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, CrownBariDad said:

And I think they are doing it.

I've noticed over the past 2-3 seasons, the battery has been given a lot more "face time" (if you will) with the perc judge. Almost daring him to score them down. It also puts the battery literally on the spot to bring their A-game.

The results are speaking for themselves.

It’s not just the line either (although they are sick yet again)...

If anyone gets a shot this week to watch the front ensemble warm up and play through the show, you’re in for a treat! There is some TASTY stuff in that book and they are nailing it!

• Like 4

Just now, ccklinefelter said:

Imagine if this year were the first time in over a decade where the Blue Devils did NOT get silver or gold... and it was because of Crown sneaking up on them for some overdue revenge *cough* 2015 *cough*

My heart would actually burst. I could die happy if that happened. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

CrownGuard deserves a shout out too for their growth this season under the constant negativity from some .. I’m not an expert at all ..  but it looks like their work is getting clean .. and once the closer changes get a few more practice hours .. it’s gonna be off the chain. Love a heavy flag finish. Makes me crazy happy. 

• Like 4