Carolina Crown 2019

I highly doubt that they're going to win. That's a huge deficit to overcome. Third would be a win in all honesty, simply because around 80% of the population has been predicting them in 6th or rooting against them. Another Ott would be icing on the cake, but we can't have the icing without the cake. We need a 3rd place finish for the future of the corps and the future of the activity. We need to move up to stay relevant with the kids, and we need to move up to show that marching and drill is still relevant rather than SCV staying in third and more corps moving to staging and flutter step.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, BWise said:

Plane full of Crownheads coming out of ATL this morning. Lol .:

You're in good company!

Have a nice fright 😎

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

I highly doubt that they're going to win. That's a huge deficit to overcome. Third would be a win in all honesty, simply because around 80% of the population has been predicting them in 6th or rooting against them. Another Ott would be icing on the cake, but we can't have the icing without the cake. We need a 3rd place finish for the future of the corps and the future of the activity. We need to move up to stay relevant with the kids, and we need to move up to show that marching and drill is still relevant rather than SCV staying in third and more corps moving to staging and flutter step.

I don't think 80% of the population (even of DCP) has them sixth or are rooting against them.  I'm very happy to see the last two weeks improvement, but still have them in 4th as do most of the folks who are playing the predict the place/score game.  I'd be happy to see them 3rd as well.  They (and the Cadets) seem to be making large scoring improvements.  And we have seen that before from these two corps.

I don't understand why you (we?) need a 3rd place finish for the future of the corps and the future of the activity.  Or is this just hyperbole? Maybe Crown does a bit more marching and drill than some, but not that much more.  If so, they will be rewarded for it.  Or are the judges getting it wrong?  I'm pretty happy with the activity, and from what I can see, there is quite a lot of interest by the "kids".  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PamahoNow said:

I don't think 80% of the population (even of DCP) has them sixth or are rooting against them.  I'm very happy to see the last two weeks improvement, but still have them in 4th as do most of the folks who are playing the predict the place/score game.  I'd be happy to see them 3rd as well.  They (and the Cadets) seem to be making large scoring improvements.  And we have seen that before from these two corps.

I don't understand why you (we?) need a 3rd place finish for the future of the corps and the future of the activity.  Or is this just hyperbole? Maybe Crown does a bit more marching and drill than some, but not that much more.  If so, they will be rewarded for it.  Or are the judges getting it wrong?  I'm pretty happy with the activity, and from what I can see, there is quite a lot of interest by the "kids".  

I'm not getting into this with you because it will last for at least 3 pages and you still wouldn't understand. No, I'm not calling you dumb. I'm just choosing to ignore this post because you would continue to fight me on my point of view when it's exactly that. MY point of view.

• Confused 5

5 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

Agree 1000% ... and yes there are others rooting against us .. which I don’t get. I mean I’ve been a little anti BAC just because the staff departure from Crown.. guilty heee. like I said the other day .. first BAC was gonna blow Crown out and then  Cavies .. and then “they” said with the GE would never get better and the show was topped out. And I’ve seen one post that’s even acknowledged the error of their ways. Pfttt!! 

I could name name names but that would be tacky. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm not getting into this with you because it will last for at least 3 pages and you still wouldn't understand. No, I'm not calling you dumb. I'm just choosing to ignore this post because you would continue to fight me on my point of view when it's exactly that. MY point of view.

Let's leave it at this.  IF Crown finishes 4th, I predict that Crown will come out fighting in 2020, and that the activity will survive and prosper.  If they finish 3rd ... all the better.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BWise said:

Agree 1000% ... and yes there are others rooting against us .. which I don’t get. I mean I’ve been a little anti BAC just because the staff departure from Crown.. guilty heee. like I said the other day .. first BAC was gonna blow Crown out and then  Cavies .. and then “they” said with the GE would never get better and the show was topped out. And I’ve seen one post that’s even acknowledged the error of their ways. Pfttt!! 

I could name name names but that would be tacky. 

Thank God someone understands my post without me having to go on a 3 page rant with them! Lol. Boston is the new darling. Crown literally dropped from everyone's radar when Boston pulled their money out. Everyone loved them from 2007 to 2016 and once that staff left people were predicting the downfall of Crown. Now that Cavaliers are surging back to what they once were and Boston is performing well folks are predicting Crown to fall to 5th or 6th even when they have been proving to everyone all season that they aren't going anywhere. 

Let me simplify for all the nay-sayers...

GE is still climbing.

Percussion is beating Bluecoats and fighting with SCV.

Brass is winning.

The only thing that will hold them back is the guard and VA scores. Even those can be sorted out during these 3 days off. There is no rhyme or reason to people predicting the downfall other than they are feeding into the Boston and Cavaliers hype (which is hyperbole). 

And yes, we do need to place top 3.

Kids could decide that since they haven't medaled in 2 years that they want to go to another corps that has, which will cause a fall in talent. 

If a corps that doesn't march more than the rest of the corps (and yes, it is by a d@mn good amount compared to the rest of the top 3 in minutes marched and distance covered [and please, nobody ask me to time it because if you can't see it for yourself then your bias is blinding you]), then we will see more corps go to staging and flutter step which will cause a shift in style, and Crown will fall or be forced to change styles as well. I don't come to drum corps wanting to watch music played at 140 bpm or drill that you don't actually march with a bunch of scatter sets that look messy. If I want to watch that I will stick with the local band circuits. I want to see music played at speeds that normal musicians don't dare touch, drill at breakneck speeds and actually has a flow to it, and musicians pushing themselves to the limit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Listen .. let’s get real .. I timed how much Bluecoats marched and played horns simultaneously.. 3m6s .. Crown over 8 minutes. So factually incorrect to say they do “a little” more than others. It’s A LOT... facts are facts. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Let's leave it at this.  IF Crown finishes 4th, I predict that Crown will come out fighting in 2020, and that the activity will survive and prosper.  If they finish 3rd ... all the better.

Like they came out fighting in 2019 after placing 4th?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BWise said:

Listen .. let’s get real .. I timed how much Bluecoats marched and played horns simultaneously.. 3m6s .. Crown over 8 minutes. So factually incorrect to say they do “a little” more than others. It’s A LOT... facts are facts. 

Thank God you timed it, because I wasn't about to.

• Haha 1