Carolina Crown 2019

Brass is kind of puzzling to me. CrownBRASS is killing it as usual, but in no way do I think that they are overachieving their book. To each his own, but .3 really isn't that big of a gap to close over the next three days, especially if one GE judge doesn't screw them over like tonight, and if they have a better night visually. Come on Crown!!!!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, wilme861 said:

Percussion was harsh? Lol I think Leitzke nailed it on the head! SCV is top, not even a debate on that. To be down only 0.05 from that BD line that is sick as usual is just unreal. I will take this result any day!

Yeah i mean the clarity and musicality of SCV's percussion to everyone else is just night and day 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

That GE2 judge better watch out, Incognito might sucker punch em without his xanax lol

Sorry, I don't get physical, unlike some people in the DCI community...

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, BWise said:

And I’m somewhere between ###### and sad. 

I think I got censored there. 

• Haha 2

Based on what I saw and heard tonight, I think Crown will take 3rd tomorrow or Saturday night in an upset.  Anyone else agree?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, B-Flat said:

Based on what I saw and heard tonight, I think Crown will take 3rd tomorrow or Saturday night in an upset.  Anyone else agree?

Maybe .. but visual has to get tight .. some dirty marching and guard work. But they’re in the hunt. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Yeah i mean the clarity and musicality of SCV's percussion to everyone else is just night and day 

I just don’t think Crown’s book is 4th. That is all I meant. 

Edited by BWise
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

I agree.  I thought they might do it tonight, in fact.  I do like SCV’s show, but I like Crown’s more.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Got a lump in my throat during and after Crown’s performance tonight. Seeing them run all around the field playing as they do, wow!   Then, what a stark contrast to SCV up next.  Astounded by how little they move and play. Crown is deserving of a medal but what may hold them back are the props and lack of anything visually popping on the field beside that crazy drill movement and a very nice stage. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I was expecting to have added something at the end where they just stand in a line. But I loved how the drum major reacted at the end. It was clear how proud of them he was...and I'm sure those kids on the field took notice of his reaction. That kind of thing just fuels their drive to do even better on the next run. Crown was the favorite in my  theater tonight.I noticed three or four people in seating below me that jumped on that opening hit, and a guy behind me that let out an audible "Jesus!"  I thought they would overtake SCV tonight. But the margin isn't that far. What did they add that they didn't have before? I noticed only a couple of things. All in all, I can see them catching SCV in the end.

• Like 8