Carolina Crown 2019

3 hours ago, Barneveld said:

Good Morning Crown Fans!

I proudly support the Boston Crusaders. And I had hoped and thought my corps would place higher this season.

I would like to offer my congratulations to the Crown organization! I think we can all agree it was a highly competitive season for sure. Already looking forward to that continuing next year.

Peace and respect!

I agree with Barneveld. While Boston and Crown were tight for much of the season, you guys pulled ahead at the end. Congrats! And may we agree that both our corps demonstrated that actual drill design is still effective!

• Like 8

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Judge x does in fact like corps y. It’s proven. It’s likely less the name on the jersey than the style of that particular corps.

And again let’s be real. No matter what the criterion are for judging, the top six corps are going to max out that system. Because they have totally unequal resources to do so. Hell they are already in the process of recruiting away the best players on the corps that didn’t finish top six!

I would love to say I disagree, but there is much truth in what you say. It may not be the corps itself, but definitely the style. I’d love to say more objective judging would be the solution, but back in the “tic” days there were judges who were blind to one corps but incredibly insightful with others.

• Like 2

Just now, Tim K said:

I would love to say I disagree, but there is much truth in what you say. It may not be the corps itself, but definitely the style. I’d love to say more objective judging would be the solution, but back in the “tic” days there were judges who were blind to one corps but incredibly insightful with others.

I have no clue how “Content” numbers are arrived at for a corps. No one I’ve asked has a clue either. Anyone care to enlighten us?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnpendell said:

I don’t understand why you felt the need to come in this thread to say this? Lol.... 

Because this person has zero self awareness and exists on this forum to be an a-hole. Thus, he/she is one of three members I have blocked.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Because this person has zero self awareness and exists on this forum to be an a-hole. Thus, he/she is one of three members I have blocked.

No no, 100% self awareness, he just doesn't care and lives to be what others despise.