Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, karuna said:

Guys don't waste your breath.  Press Ignore and live a toxic free lifestyle :cool: 

I just had to get that weight off my shoulders. Lol. I feel 20lbs lighter!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, karuna said:

Guys don't waste your breath.  Press Ignore and live a toxic free lifestyle :cool: 

Maybe we could rehabilitate him...save himself from his inner demons, and perhaps tragic childhood?!

Give Peace a Chance?

Ah h@ll. Sorta goin’ all Blooo on you. 

Fuggitaboutit....

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

I just had to get that weight off my shoulders. Lol. I feel 20lbs lighter!

That's what Goliath said.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Incognito365 said:

No no, 100% self awareness, he just doesn't care and lives to be what others despise.

I’ve been that person and I have no interest in being that person if I can help it, which is one reason I always use my real name in all public forums. Keeps me honest and accountable.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MusicManNJ said:

Just back from Indy after spending 5 days there to enjoy the various celebrations, attend all the shows, check Crown rehearsals and to celebrate a great season for Crown.

All I can say is the performance last night was "one for the ages." The corp pulled out three in a row. Great performance followed by greater performance followed by greatest performance. The audience agreed. Crown was on fire last night (and I am not just fanboying here). The staff even felt this was the strongest series of Crown performance ever with last night being "epic." Not a dry eye back stage and major cheers from all knowing they left it all out on the field... this was all before the scores were announced.

There have been many on this forum who were quick to dismiss, assign to 6th place, question the staff ability to deliver a final refined product or worse. You were wrong. They came within a hares breath of bronze, won brass AND music three nights in a row... and best of all WON THE AUDIENCE. CROWN is the corps EVRYONE was talking about last night. CROWN blew the lid off of Lucas Oil... how bout that last 90 seconds, Gabriels Oboe, Opening statement... Standing O, Standing O, Standing O. Ask the members if they were happy with the show and they will tell you... they LOVED the show and the LOVED performing this and working hard to deliver on the promise of the show... which they did in spades last night.

So for all the season long supporters... thank you for helping to keep the naysayers and trolls at bay... I am talking about you @karuna, @Incognito365, @nsxanax. I have enjoyed your thoughtful commentary all season including your unvarnished concerns when warranted. 

For the folks who just want to come in and #### on our Wheaties and act like trolls... I'm sorry but you need to go elsewhere because all your negativity will not keep the true Crown fans from supporting our corps. And by the way... HE CAME HOME. THE OTT CAME HOME WHERE IT BELONGS. We were no where near 6th place and that 3rd place that was long gone... well we got it. Even if the score did not reflect it. 

I have mentioned before many times the how special this group of members were, their commitment, thier genuine enjoyment of the show and each other and how they have on more thane occasion shown the strength of their character... their heart. Well, what I have seen glimpses of all season in rehearsal and performances was on full display for the world last night. I would not trade this corps or this staff for anything else... because if we did we would not have had last night... and last night... mark my words... was a performance people will be talking about decades from now.

Thank you to all the true believer here for making this an enjoyable summer of sharing the highs and lows of this epic season and this very magical drum corps. 

 

MMNJ, your review actually choked me up a bit. Wonderfully composed and straight from the heart.

I’ve enjoyed your contributions immensely, and you are certainly among the elite, of CrownCONTRIBUTORS this season.

So pleased that you were able to witness, first hand, the magic of Crown ‘19 @ Finals.

Welcome home, friend🎺🥁👑😀

Edited by nsxanax
Spelling
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow!  That did NOT come across on Flo.  What a reaction!!  The crowd went absolutely nuts. 

What a feeling that must have been for the members!

 

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, karuna said:

Wow!  That did NOT come across on Flo.  What a reaction!!  The crowd went absolutely nuts. 

What a feeling that must have been for the members!

 

Jesus, THE CHILLS!!! 

That definitely didn't come across on Flo like that! It was a big reaction, but holy hell...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at Lucas Oil in Section 640 up top.   If this video went on longer and was closer to the audience you would have seen, as Crown departed through the tunnel, stage left, the crowd standing and cheering as the whole corps exited.  I attend every year, and most years Crown tends to be the audience favorite (not 2017 or 2018, however).  I had never seen this exit cheering before, not even in 2013, although I might have just not noticed it.  However, this year you couldn’t miss it.  That part of the audience also cheered the departing Bluecoats, who were fabulous from up top as well, but from my vantage point, the cheering didn’t seem as intense.  My friends and I had BC in first and Crown in third.  Sigh.  Most years, regarding results, I leave Indy disappointed.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MusicManNJ said:

Just back from Indy after spending 5 days there to enjoy the various celebrations, attend all the shows, check Crown rehearsals and to celebrate a great season for Crown.

All I can say is the performance last night was "one for the ages." The corp pulled out three in a row. Great performance followed by greater performance followed by greatest performance. The audience agreed. Crown was on fire last night (and I am not just fanboying here). The staff even felt this was the strongest series of Crown performance ever with last night being "epic." Not a dry eye back stage and major cheers from all knowing they left it all out on the field... this was all before the scores were announced.

There have been many on this forum who were quick to dismiss, assign to 6th place, question the staff ability to deliver a final refined product or worse. You were wrong. They came within a hares breath of bronze, won brass AND music three nights in a row... and best of all WON THE AUDIENCE. CROWN is the corps EVRYONE was talking about last night. CROWN blew the lid off of Lucas Oil... how bout that last 90 seconds, Gabriels Oboe, Opening statement... Standing O, Standing O, Standing O. Ask the members if they were happy with the show and they will tell you... they LOVED the show and the LOVED performing this and working hard to deliver on the promise of the show... which they did in spades last night.

So for all the season long supporters... thank you for helping to keep the naysayers and trolls at bay... I am talking about you @karuna, @Incognito365, @nsxanax. I have enjoyed your thoughtful commentary all season including your unvarnished concerns when warranted. 

For the folks who just want to come in and #### on our Wheaties and act like trolls... I'm sorry but you need to go elsewhere because all your negativity will not keep the true Crown fans from supporting our corps. And by the way... HE CAME HOME. THE OTT CAME HOME WHERE IT BELONGS. We were no where near 6th place and that 3rd place that was long gone... well we got it. Even if the score did not reflect it. 

I have mentioned before many times the how special this group of members were, their commitment, thier genuine enjoyment of the show and each other and how they have on more thane occasion shown the strength of their character... their heart. Well, what I have seen glimpses of all season in rehearsal and performances was on full display for the world last night. I would not trade this corps or this staff for anything else... because if we did we would not have had last night... and last night... mark my words... was a performance people will be talking about decades from now.

Thank you to all the true believer here for making this an enjoyable summer of sharing the highs and lows of this epic season and this very magical drum corps. 

 

The members sold that show with their energy their performance excellence.  It was amazing to watch.   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.