Carolina Crown 2019

I'll get to see them in Orlando early July. I almost want to fly home to visit family so I can catch the Rockford Illinois show now. 😃

47 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

As for whether this is a championship show... who knows. There are way too many variables. I think the more important question - will this be a better designed show and better received by audiences? Yes, absolutely. The guard and visual program is already step above what we’ve seen the past couple of years. The front ensemble will have a new look. The battery is equal to what we’ve seen the past couple years, and the horns are amazing as always. And visually this corps is MOVING. Much more so then in the past. I would say the overall package is the best since 2013-2015. 

One thing that Crown might have learned from the past three years, that GE score is incredibly important and you need to make a solid connection with the audience. The corps most recent show designs have been incredibly complex and have lost touch with its fans. This show turns then back in a more familiar direction while still allowing them to explore musically and visually.

I highly agree!!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, karuna said:

Northern KY is close enough to Ohio and Indiana, no?  Heck I'd hit the Muncie show 🙂

I'm more Central Kentucky, and the closest show is 2 hours away with no Crown, which is my main reason for the Kentucky show. If I want to see Crown I have to go 3+ hours, which is just not financially feasible for a college student. Lol.

27 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

I'm more Central Kentucky, and the closest show is 2 hours away with no Crown, which is my main reason for the Kentucky show. If I want to see Crown I have to go 3+ hours, which is just not financially feasible for a college student. Lol.

Find a ride!   Lots of ride shares to drum corps shows.  Taken the poor college student once or twice myself.  

Edited by karuna

9 minutes ago, karuna said:

Find a ride!   Lots of ride shares to drum corps shows.  Taken the poor college student once or twice myself.  

Yeah, not in this day and era. Too many crazies running about. I'll just stick with the live stream unless I can magically find the funds to travel. Lol.

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

After Zionsville,  I won’t see them in person again until Atlanta.  

...and hopefully at or near the top of the leader board as the circuit starts the final run north to Indy🤞

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bandoleer said:

I wouldn’t go that far. If you’re looking for BD to fall flat I can promise you’ll be disappointed. 

2 minutes ago, crownisking said:

I wouldn’t go that far. If you’re looking for BD to fall flat I can promise you’ll be disappointed. 

Honestly, if there were a year recently where Blue Devils come in 3rd, it would be this year. 

• Santa Clara Vanguard coming off of their win.
  • Bluecoats breathing down Blue Devils neck and being in contention.
  • Carolina Crown going with something different for them and the activity, while returning to their fun selves circa 2007-2014. 
  • Boston Crusaders ever on the move up over the last 2 years.

While it's unlikely, the field for the top 5 is getting more and more stacked each year, let alone the top 3. 

It's too early to tell at this point, I'm just saying that anything is possible, regardless of the probability.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Nothing but love for BD.  I thought they had the best rep so far, even watched a bit of their show tunes from a preview in Concord.  Will see them next month.

Just surprised how exciting the rep is for Crown this year 🙂 so the distracted boyfriend meme was on point.

• Like 1