Carolina Crown 2019

4 minutes ago, palmettomello said:

Agreed, didn't want to be the first to mention it. Guard was shoved in the back two corners with weapons along front sideline for what seemed 50% of the show. Not much integration of the guard within the drill itself, that is something Leon May achieved flawlessly in his tenure at Crown. [I know its June, don't shoot me.] 

I suggest you watch the video a couple times more.  The guard is well integrated into drill very frequently.   One thing I did notice was that under those lighting conditions the guard uniform blends too well with hornline uniform.  Maybe that's why you lost them in drill?   They differentiate a lot better under stadium lights (but I still think it's something they may need to adjust).  

Edited by karuna
  • Like 1

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve noticed that in all the bootlegs I’ve seen, the batteries are being staged in the front on the field more than before.  Anyone else notice that? 

For sure.  If the percussion judge can't come the battery,  the battery will come to the percussion judge! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Odd staging for the pit. Looks like the corps moves a lot which is awesome.

Not sure how into the show I am on the first read.

6 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Thank you.  I’m not crazy after all. 

You know the two are not mutually exclusive 😂

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’ve noticed that in all the bootlegs I’ve seen, the batteries are being staged in the front on the field more than before.  Anyone else notice that? 

I wasn't too happy about them sidelining the percussion judge, but the drummer in me likes this side effect 😎

• Like 2