Carolina Crown 2019

2 hours ago, karuna said:

This line is on absolute fire this year! If they pull off a Sanford, it will be a big F you to the haters during their down years, and I'll consider it a championship regardless of overall placement.

1 hour ago, Incognito365 said:

This line is on absolute fire this year! If they pull off a Sanford, it will be a big F you to the haters during their down years, and I'll consider it a championship regardless of overall placement.

There were years where the drumline was the weakest part of the corps. That's not being a 'hater', that's the truth. That being said, I don't think the performers were to blame. They did the best they could with what they were given and it's up to the staff to elevate them with teaching and the material. 

Last year was a huge step forward. The drum line was NOT the weak link any more and in fact they were one of my favorites to watch last year.

If they win, it will be because they absolutely earned it. If they want to use it as a 'big F you to the haters' they're putting the hate in the wrong place IMO. The ironic part is if they win, they will have been chosen that by the judges, the ones that were the true 'haters'.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Just now, East9900 said:

There were years where the drumline was the weakest part of the corps. That's not being a 'hater', that's the truth. That being said, I don't think the performers were to blame. They did the best they could with what they were given and it's up to the staff to elevate them with teaching and the material. 

Last year was a huge step forward. The drum line was NOT the weak link any more and in fact they were one of my favorites to watch last year.

If they win, it will be because they absolutely earned it. If they want to use it as a 'big F you to the haters' they're putting the hate in the wrong place IMO. The ironic part is if they win, they will have been chosen that by the judges, the ones that were the true 'haters .

I'm not saying that from a fan perspective, I'm fully aware they were the weakest section. I'm saying it would be in the face of the people who dogged on them, including myself. Lol. We all ragged on the percussion.

• Haha 1

Just now, Incognito365 said:

I'm not saying that from a fan perspective, I'm fully aware they were the weakest section. I'm saying it would be in the face of the people who dogged on them, including myself. Lol. We all ragged on the percussion.

Ahhh, I gotcha. Totally understand. :)

Yeah there were some pretty brutal comments made about Crown’s percussion in ‘13 and ‘15 so to see them doing so well makes me happy.

• Like 4

I still am not a huge fan of the drumline's demand.  I mean, I'm sure it will sound awesome by finals.  And they're really fun to watch.  But when comparing the difficulty to that of Boston, yeah, Boston drumline is pretty far ahead of Crown.  There's still a lot of similarity in the writing to what they were given more than 5 years ago.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

We'll see/hear quite shortly 🕙

1 hour ago, Tommeee said:

I still am not a huge fan of the drumline's demand.  I mean, I'm sure it will sound awesome by finals.  And they're really fun to watch.  But when comparing the difficulty to that of Boston, yeah, Boston drumline is pretty far ahead of Crown.  There's still a lot of similarity in the writing to what they were given more than 5 years ago.

I heard this a lot last year too... didn’t agree then and don’t agree now but that’s also based on videos, not live yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1