A modest proposal

A friend, who does not have a DCP account, has a good idea for finals. I told him I would share it with the group.

At finals only, add a minute between corps to give the finalists a little extra time in front of the crowd. Call it a curtain call. Allow the audience a little more to time to thank the finalists corps for a season well done. 

This adds 12 minutes to the show, so not a big deal. We both felt last night that show end applause was cut off too quickly because the corps has to start the switch within a few seconds of show end. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

A friend, who does not have a DCP account, has a good idea for finals. I told him I would share it with the group.

At finals only, add a minute between corps to give the finalists a little extra time in front of the crowd. Call it a curtain call. Allow the audience a little more to time to thank the finalists corps for a season well done. 

This adds 12 minutes to the show, so not a big deal. We both felt last night that show end applause was cut off too quickly because the corps has to start the switch within a few seconds of show end. 

Is that like when they "trooped the stands?"

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 2000Cadet said:

Is that like when they "trooped the stands?"

Probably the same concept, but these days most of the MMs in the bigger Corps have front ensemble and prop moving duties, trooping the stands would involve the DMs and maybe the battery.

But I do like the curtain call idea. 

I like the idea, but think corps would utilize that time for more complex props to be taken down and/or moved than to take advantage of a bow. 

7 minutes ago, Cleveland1 said:

I like the idea, but think corps would utilize that time for more complex props to be taken down and/or moved than to take advantage of a bow. 

That is why an extra minute is given at finals only. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

That is why an extra minute is given at finals only. 

True. But couldnt tge corps use that to introduce a new prop for finals specifically? 

9 minutes ago, Cleveland1 said:

True. But couldnt tge corps use that to introduce a new prop for finals specifically? 

Sure, but how many corps would be willing to risk a new addition on the final night of the season without knowing how the judges would react to it?