A modest proposal

Whew. I thought this was going to have something to do with cooking and eating alternates when the food truck broke down.

Edited by KVG_DC
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

Sure, but how many corps would be willing to risk a new addition on the final night of the season without knowing how the judges would react to it? 

Considering how often (some) corps tinker towards the end, plenty of them would. Sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not exactly sure what it would look like, but i can't imagine that corps wouldn't try to utilize that extra minute of teardown to add something to the field. They are already on a tight schedule, the limits end up factoring into what the corps can and cant do with their design. 

So...why can't they do both?

Add an extra minute of field time for setup/teardown and also another minute for the curtain call?

This would only add 24 minutes to the event.

I’m pretty sure they could write this In a way that would prevent corps from abusing it. Something like “each finalist corps shall have one additional un judged minute after final cutoff” or maybe their running timer is paused for a minute while remaining in the final formation. 

Lol. 

The audience isn't clapping enough, so now we need to force the corps to stay there on the field for another minute until the crowd feels guilty enough to start clapping again. 

Because some corps get more applause than others. 

All corps are equal, but some are more equal than others.

:glare:

21 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

Whew. I thought this was going to have something to do with cooking and eating alternates when the food truck broke down.

We were on the same wavelength but I went the bad pun route again.