Blue Devils 2019

Time to look forward to next year's edition of the Blue Devils! 

They had a very young corps by their standards this year, especially in percussion, and that makes me very excited for the potential of the 2019 corps

In a year where other corps started to catch up in staging to BD, we saw BD move towards more a higher proportion of traditional drill. Could this be the start of a new direction?

Fact: In every year that BD has lost since 2008, they have had an undefeated season the subsequent year. I think we'll see that continue next year

Do it up :bluedevil:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Time to look forward to next year's edition of the Blue Devils! 

They had a very young corps by their standards this year, especially in percussion, and that makes me very excited for the potential of the 2019 corps

In a year where other corps started to catch up in staging to BD, we saw BD move towards more a higher proportion of traditional drill. Could this be the start of a new direction?

Fact: In every year that BD has lost since 2008, they have had an undefeated season the subsequent year. I think we'll see that continue next year

Do it up :bluedevil:

It probable could be a new direction, since the nature of BD is to not do what everyone else on the field doing, i think they will still have amazing staging but probably wont be so pronounce as before.. idk just saying lol. 

Budget looks good for my first trip to Indy in 2019!  Last finals I saw was in 99!

• Like 2

Sunday in the Park with George

21 minutes ago, DWW11 said:

Budget looks good for my first trip to Indy in 2019!  Last finals I saw was in 99!

You absolutely need to make it! For all the bashing people do of DCI hosting finals there (quite a bit of which is earned) it's still an absolute blast to experience. 

I too went through a drought of attending finals (about 10 years, also known as first marriage) and ever since I've been going back starting in 2013 I haven't once been disappointed. Hope to see you there next year!

• Like 1

I lost most of my connection to Drums Corps in the 80s when i married a guy who HATED the activity.  And no internet back then!  Once i kicked him to the curb, i struggled to afford Allentown for me and my kids every 2 or 3 years.  Now the kids are all on their own, and i can actually see room in the budget.  the big question for me is do i go solo, or find someone to go with?  Solo, probably, so i can spend my time the way i want to...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DWW11 said:

I lost most of my connection to Drums Corps in the 80s when i married a guy who HATED the activity.  And no internet back then!  Once i kicked him to the curb, i struggled to afford Allentown for me and my kids every 2 or 3 years.  Now the kids are all on their own, and i can actually see room in the budget.  the big question for me is do i go solo, or find someone to go with?  Solo, probably, so i can spend my time the way i want to...

Go solo for sure, unless you have a friend that might enjoy it as much as you! Though it is nice having an extra set of hands for all the merch you wanna buy. :)

• Like 1