Blue Devils 2019

6 hours ago, xandandl said:

they were still a glockenspiel corps during my marching days. 🙂

Then I'm especially sorry you got cut.

• Haha 4

As far as BDB and SVCC staying in California, do not underestimate the burden of moving a corps around on a national tour. We've been involved for years working on this for our local corps and after a while it gets overwhelming. Sending two corps on a national tour, even with two corps management staffs, is daunting. Open Class corps have a much tougher road to hoe getting down the road on a national tour than world class corps, especially finding housing. The big positive is that it should make being in both the open class corps more affordable since they are not paying for a national tour.

I suspect we may see both corps venture a little outside of California after next season, but definitely staying in the west - which is still a full day's travel to the nearest out of state shows.

On 8/12/2018 at 9:17 PM, Cappybara said:

Time to look forward to next year's edition of the Blue Devils! 

They had a very young corps by their standards this year, especially in percussion, and that makes me very excited for the potential of the 2019 corps

In a year where other corps started to catch up in staging to BD, we saw BD move towards more a higher proportion of traditional drill. Could this be the start of a new direction?

Fact: In every year that BD has lost since 2008, they have had an undefeated season the subsequent year. I think we'll see that continue next year

Do it up :bluedevil:

More drill, more drill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 6:03 PM, sched88 said:

Well yes more of course.. but it's not like they haven't been giving us drills every year. Smart, creative and inovative drills unique to BD.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2018 at 1:22 PM, DFA1970 said:

I know....that is what is holding them back. Drill. 18 is not enough. More DRILL BD. Then you can really start winning.

Not about winning for me. I just like seeing cool drill.

• Thanks 1

On 9/9/2018 at 7:03 PM, sched88 said:

Less hair!

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

why. was this. on. PAGE 19?????????

• Like 1