Blue Devils 2019

3 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

why. was this. on. PAGE 19?????????

I know right. It stays that way until we have something. . . . . ....

On 3/17/2019 at 11:26 AM, MadisonBandMan1 said:

why. was this. on. PAGE 19?????????

Because that's how many titles they'll have after this season.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Woah there. Yes, history dictates a victory, but we have entered a different era of drum corps now. I am highly confident that streak will end this year. Still love the blue devils though (but not as much as crown). 

8 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Woah there. Yes, history dictates a victory, but we have entered a different era of drum corps now. I am highly confident that streak will end this year. Still love the blue devils though (but not as much as crown). 

Heard similar statements numerous times, but never turn out to be the case, 1. Never underestimate the Blue smoke, even though you have a good point.

2. Don't Forget they are still on top within the top, one of the top with the most consistency of high level shows and performance in this '' different era of drum corps now ''. They consistently bounced back very  well from defeat. They are that strong! HOWEVER the streak could very well be broken this year, but i'll wait first before officially uttering such a statement. They always bring something really  great, and they seem to be morphing from my observations.

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MadisonBandMan1 said:

Can't say I agree with you.

Since their win in 2013, Crown's placements have been:

2014-5th

2015--2nd

2016-3rd

2017-3rd

2018-4th

In the same stretch of time, with BD getting 2nd in 2013, BD has been:

2014-1st

2015-1st

2016-2nd

2017-1st

2018-2nd

I don't see a new era, at least in regards to BD, personally.

• Like 3

it's March. Everyone is a contender. I am sure they will do a show some will love, some will hate, and the ballad will be the best part

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's March. Everyone is a contender. I am sure they will do a show some will love, some will hate, and the ballad will be the best part

That's been the case for me with all shows since 2014. Prior to that, for me at least, it had been a while since they had a full ballad that I hold to a high regard, but starting with 2014, I've loved them all.

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

What Jeff said :withstupid:....more notable than the 2nd finishes in '16 and '18 is BD being shut out of the caption awards for the first times in recent memory.  Think you would have to go back to 2005 and "don't forget to write your mother." BD is still excellent across the board and truly an organization without weakness but other groups are stepping in both caption strength and overall design.  Talent may not be automatically gravitating towards Concord as much as in the past decade...in that sense this may signal a new era in drum corps.

4 hours ago, tesmusic said:

Can't say I agree with you.

Since their win in 2013, Crown's placements have been:

2014-5th

2015--2nd

2016-3rd

2017-3rd

2018-4th

In the same stretch of time, with BD getting 2nd in 2013, BD has been:

2014-1st

2015-1st

2016-2nd

2017-1st

2018-2nd

I don't see a new era, at least in regards to BD, personally.

I think he was just stating his personal preference, don't see any insinuation that Crown is "replacing" Blue Devils.

Yeah, I was just stating personal preference, and I also meant the recent step up in design across the board making it hard for the Blue Devils to stay consistently at the top. I think Boston, Bloo, Crown, and SCV are all going to keep the blue devils from winning in some way. I actually predict a 3rd or 4th place finish from them this year. My favorite corps is just Crown.