Blue Devils 2019

On 3/24/2019 at 10:31 AM, theonlyfizzle said:

I know what i am saying now might bing in the prediction thread but hey am here in my home thread. Yes I agree, It's definitely a BD and SCV again in my book. If BD streak is to be broken this year then i do believe it will be by SCV and i wouldn't mind at all. However BD might answer that call again to keep the streak continues and that i really don't mind at all either. But i do think Bluecoats have a high chance to push forward strongly i am loving their shows so much, a big threat in the top three can spoil the party of the 1-2 . Crown is ify for me, but i never count them out, they might just find their footing in top 3 this year. 

I love Bluecoats too, but they are iffy to me as well. The only caption they have ever won at finals was GE in 2016. I think it's going to take more than one caption win to beat both SCV and BD, because they are the only two corps that could realistically sweep all captions.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2019 at 10:45 AM, Ediker said:

I loved when Crown did Rach Star.  Blue Devils might be seeking the next Jimi Hendrix to do another rock inspired show.  Rock, in its many forms, is a genre that is ripe for another top notch drum corps treatment.  It's a risk, and has huge potential to be a spectacularly memorable show for the ages.  

No actually their left handed guitarist has already aged out and now teaches B corps pit.

• Confused 1

I'm just sit here and fantasize about a First Circle reboot with a modern arrangement true to the source guitar and synth work and all.

3 minutes ago, FTNK said:

Prince? 

Purple Devils

If any corps could make that work, it'd be BD guard.

• Like 2

He/his estate would never give the rights.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KVG_DC said:

I'm just sit here and fantasize about a First Circle reboot with a modern arrangement true to the source guitar and synth work and all.

Dream on. Being true to the source, or  even respecting the source in terms of allowing the music to live and breath via phrasing and development, they are all fantasy in modern DCI arranging. The attention span of people involved in DCI today seems to not be patient enough to appreciate those types of musical aspects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Dream on. Being true to the source, or  even respecting the source in terms of allowing the music to live and breath via phrasing and development, they are all fantasy in modern DCI arranging. The attention span of people involved in DCI today seems to not be patient enough to appreciate those types of musical aspects.

Blue Knights really let their arrangement of First Circle breath. IMO 

Come to think of it, they did the same with Rite last year. 

Edited by Brian Tuma
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, what a long off-season! With spring training approaching, things are starting to cook! 

Here's some innocent "speculation" i'd like to share with you all. 

• As is becoming tradition, you might hear a little familiar melody from a past life. Need a hint? It's quite an incident...
  • Trumpet's galore, this poetic symphony has quite the intro. A hymn of praise they call it. Do the devils visit Russia? 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2