Blue Devils 2019

2 hours ago, gabe211 said:

Hey all, what a long off-season! With spring training approaching, things are starting to cook! 

Here's some innocent "speculation" i'd like to share with you all. 

• As is becoming tradition, you might hear a little familiar melody from a past life. Need a hint? It's quite an incident...
  • Trumpet's galore, this poetic symphony has quite the intro. A hymn of praise they call it. Do the devils visit Russia? 😉

Oh boy, i was so thirsty.. thanks gabe :guinesssmilie:

10 hours ago, gabe211 said:

Hey all, what a long off-season! With spring training approaching, things are starting to cook! 

• As is becoming tradition, you might hear a little familiar melody from a past life. Need a hint? It's quite an incident...
  • Trumpet's galore, this poetic symphony has quite the intro. A hymn of praise they call it. Do the devils visit Russia? 😉

Could it be An Incident in Jazz? 

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 8:01 AM, Stu said:

Dream on. Being true to the source, or  even respecting the source in terms of allowing the music to live and breath via phrasing and development, they are all fantasy in modern DCI arranging. The attent2016ion span of people involved in DCI today seems to not be patient enough to appreciate those types of musical aspects.

Oh, bull####.

2016 Academy would like a word.

Further, so would 2018 SCV.

Go to YouTube and put "black dyke band metropolis 1927" into the search bar.    Click on the vid posted by Grammercy Music from 3 years ago....tell me SCV butchered the arrangement, when, in fact, they were VERY faithful to the original.

Go ahead....I'll wait.

Sing a new ####### tune already.

Edited by 84BDsop
  • Like 4

On 3/24/2019 at 7:50 AM, theonlyfizzle said:

Those machines might have cost too much (Assuming) to not get passed around to be used up LOL. Getting value for money.

Boston: Now that i've risen from the bottom 6, i wont even consider those bottom less wanna be's, except the cadets they have fallen, a fallen soldier indeed. I can only now relate to the top 6 and so i will present my gift only to them. A tough bunch to penetrate, but I'll try, now that i am apart of this Elite force they just might accept.

Boston to its fellow Elites,

BOSTON: Hey CAVIES you need any smoke machines ?

CAVIES : No we are good. Our theme doesn't need one this year, maybe next year, NEVER! 

Boston continues his journey,

BOSTON: Hey Cadets how about you ?

CADETS : We didn't have much success with our designed props from last year, what will we do with Smoke !?

BOSTON: Ok cool.. (Speaking under breath) Your lost. 😞

BOSTON: HEY our friend over Rockford, i know you not apart of us right now, you know... Top 6 Elite but do you want a nice smoke machine for. "if Joan have a heart " theme ?

PHANTOM: Um naah, we still have jungle gyms from last season, and there's no monkeys to ride them you wanna trade ? 

BOSTON: 😳

PHANTOM: you could combine them with the smoke machines to get ' jungle smoke' to complete a smoke theme trilogy

BOSTOM: for God sake no! We have water in a glass this year with giant foot steps in the background. 😁

BOSTON: Yow crown! Wassup buddy ? No heart feelings from 2017 right ? 

CROWN: I guess not, (annoyed voice) what do you want Boston !?

BOSTON: Nothing nothing in a soft undertone, just wanted to make amends by giving you this peace offering, you guys could do a part 2 of BEAST it will definitely add to the general effect and help with the visual this time, you know ... The smoke will be seen clearly 😂

CROWN: Leave us alone you've done enough, you took away our staff and our Zingali trophy. Plus we have tither tother we trying to get rid of it too but everyone decline my offer of it, because they say it's been underused.

BOSTON: Good luck getting rid of it. No we didn't steal your staff or guards, your staff walked and we scoop them up, i thought Blue Devils had the rights to the Zingali not you, they should be the salty ones not you crown. Btw you have awesome horns you guys sound out of this world. Ok moving along.

BOSTON: 😉 Bloooooooo am a big fan of yours, truly! You know that right ? So i have a gift for you, Um.............. 

BLUECOATS: 😒........ Stop right there! Say no more, I know what you up to and the answer is NO! NO! NO! We not accepting gift at this moment. Send it over to those two in California maybe Babylon need some smoke or Blue Devils might have a innovative way to use it. They take props to another level.. King of props, oh #### i forget about us 😂

BOSTON: knock! knock! knock! On big metal door. 

SCV: Opens metal door

BOSTON: Surprise!!!

SCV: Oh god no,  not you..  What brings you here, want something ? Well no we not giving you our caged platforms stage steps whatever they are.

Boston: Ummmmmmmm..... (smiling nervously) 😁 i don't want that! I travel all the way here to this Babylonian city to bring you something.

SCV: Oh god no, not that! I don't want that!! Try our neighbor!!! SLAMS BIG METAL DOOR!!!!!!

Boston Travel across the region to enter the kingdom of the Blue Devils. Approached guards at the palace, and given access to see the king inside blue dynasty throne room. Boston then carefully approaches the king inside the throne room.

BLUE DEVILS: Stop! Come no closer. What business have you here in my domain, the kingdom of the Elite top 6..

BOSTON: Sire, I've been wondering around, for days and miles across regions trying to give away this enchanting gift, the golden machines of smoke. I was thinking since everyone from the ELITE 6 refuse to accept my gift except you, i was thinking maybe you would take it as part of your collection ? 

King Blue Devils: bring it hither let me look at it.

BOSTON: ok Sire. Here it is.

KING BLUE DEVILS: (in a mighty slightly evil voice) Oooh ha ha ha... They all fools! My upcoming one boston they don't know know the use of this golden machines of smoke, i'll accept. I can do a new innovative thing and turn smoke into blue.. (In loud kingly voice) YESS!!!

BOSTON: (Sigh of relief) (boston whisper to self) i thought i'd never get rid of it. No more smoke ( clever evil smirk).

Boston dismissed from his meeting with the king, walked out and said to himself, 

BOSTON: Dont worry my king, i have a plan to get close enough to you and take your crown, your kingdom and rule the ELITE 6, my plans are working now that i have found favor with the king.

The End.

You forgot "Fools!   I'll show them!  I'll show them all!"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

You forgot "Fools!   I'll show them!  I'll show them all!"

Glad you add that final touch, to complete the script lol... sometimes it takes more than one writer to perfect a script. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 7:06 PM, theonlyfizzle said:

Glad you add that final touch, to complete the script lol... sometimes it takes more than one writer to perfect a script. :rolleyes:

2007 and 2008 Cadets being "perfect" examples of your point, lol.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2019 at 11:48 PM, gabe211 said:

...Khachaturian 3?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...