Blue Devils 2019

22 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I Have no probs with unrecoverable music from any corps so as long as it sounds really good. Trust me BD props always make sense to their theme. Whether it was meant as a joke or not from that inside scoop; they just don't get it yet. But it always make sense even if not understood at first.

What?🙄

4 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

With the exception of 2010 there has been recognizable music in BD’s programs, imo. 

I didn't realize "Laura" was unrecognizable music.. Its only one of the most recognizable melodies in jazz of all time and it was the ENTIRE ballad.. Or La Suerte.. or... 

I do suppose familiarity is all relative to each of our specific backgrounds.. City of Glass is certainly not for everyone! LOL

Edited by trumpetcam

21 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

I didn't realize "Laura" was unrecognizable music.. Its only one of the most recognizable melodies in jazz of all time and it was the ENTIRE ballad.. Or La Suerte.. or... 

I do suppose familiarity is all relative to each of our specific backgrounds.. City of Glass is certainly not for everyone! LOL

I actually loved the show. The dissonance set me on edge in a good way and the resolution into Laura was brilliant. I was kind of speaking in general and referring to those who want melodies spoon fed to them. It was not the most crowd friendly show. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Guess we got played lol.. No we didn't. We just thought we knew because of last year and 2017 trend of announcement. So which will it be this time. Hmmmm ? It's still coming soon. When is soon is the question😯😒

No one was played. They gave no indication of when an announcement would happen, so anyone who speculated or thought they knew an announcement was happening was simply pissing in the wind.

here's a fresh reminder of what this thread is all about,

BDC Show Announcement on Friday.

CALIFORNIA DREAMING

2019-california-dreaming-1000x679.jpg

Admire iconic landmarks such as the Golden Gate Bridge and the Hollywood sign, all while swimming, surfing, and enjoying that great California sunshine. ROCK OUT during our tribute to San Francisco with "We Built This City". Then, have a little FUN IN THE SUN with the COOLEST girls in the world – "California Girls" of course. Next, go "California Dreamin'" before our fabulous percussionists take you for a ride with "Axel F". Finally, let the corps DAZZLE you with a HUGE "Hooray for Hollywood"!

Celebrate film, glitz, and glamour with BDC doing some California Dreaming in 2019.

"We Built This City" Peter Wolf, Martin Page, Dennis Lambert, Bernie Taupin

"California Girls" Brian Wilson, Mike Love

"California Dreamin'" John Phillips, Michelle Phillips

"Alex F" Harold Faltemeyer

"Hooray For Hollywood" Johnny Mercer, Richard Whiting, Glen Mercer

:bluedevil: :bluedevil: 

Edited by JohnZ

Enjoy some music from BDc Repertoire  

We Built This City

By STARSHIP : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnq9y4g_Gls

Dennis Lambert :

California Girls

Brian Wilson:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkET6EgsfVA

Mike Love: 

37 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

off topic posts removed, back on topic.

Thank you. i Appreciate that. please keep an eye out

53 minutes ago, JohnZ said:

off topic posts removed, back on topic.

Have you also done something towards the vulgarity expressed at myself and others?