Blue Devils 2019

3 hours ago, chaddyt said:

No other corps is so in tune with their identity and strengths more than the Blue Devils.  

They are once again the corps to beat.

Based on a show announcement?

i love the offseason 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Based on a show announcement?

i love the offseason 

well, as much as i love to crap on show announcements, let's look at some history here:

18 DCi Championships since 1976......7 since 2007. Finalist since 74. Never lower than 2nd since 2007. Only 8 times outside of the top 3 since 1974. Average placement is 2.2. Oh and the last time they went two years in a row without winning was 2005 and 2006.

So yeah while I haven't been a BD honk for several of the last 15 years, I'd say history supports his claim

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well, as much as i love to crap on show announcements, let's look at some history here:

18 DCi Championships since 1976......7 since 2007. Finalist since 74. Never lower than 2nd since 2007. Only 8 times outside of the top 3 since 1974. Average placement is 2.2. Oh and the last time they went two years in a row without winning was 2005 and 2006.

So yeah while I haven't been a BD honk for several of the last 15 years, I'd say history supports his claim

I would like this a 1000 times if i could. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

But that has nothing to do with a show announcement. Had you made your statement two days ago prior to the show announcement I would have agreed wholeheartedly. My reaction had to do with tying the show announcement directly to their being the corps to beat. 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

But that has nothing to do with a show announcement. Had you made your statement two days ago prior to the show announcement I would have agreed wholeheartedly. My reaction had to do with tying the show announcement directly to their being the corps to beat. 

hype is hype, be it a show announcement, details from attending a camp or stopping by spring training, a sneak peak, a rumor heard from a rumor about a rumor on DCP.....

and history shows with BD, like em or not, they walk the walk regardless of the talk. 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

hype is hype, be it a show announcement, details from attending a camp or stopping by spring training, a sneak peak, a rumor heard from a rumor about a rumor on DCP.....

and history shows with BD, like em or not, they walk the walk regardless of the talk. 

While all of that may be true, that doesn’t appear to be what chaddyt was getting at.

I’m with HockeyDad on this one.  The show announcement comes out, and as a result, the post says now, the Blue Devils once again are the corps to beat - before anyone has played one note in a competition.

• Like 1

BD are always " The Corps to beat " in any preseason talk. And it has virtually nothing to do with the show announcement, nor the list of music to be played. Lets face it, this Corps, which essentially is akin to DCI 's All Stars Marching Drum Corps, could announce this weekend that they will be playing Dionne Warwick's pop hits from the 60's or similar in their show, and we know theres a good chance they're going to win or medal with the music/ show. And best of success to them once again this season. Looking forward to seeing what they have in store for us.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3