Blue Devils 2019

On 5/18/2019 at 8:58 AM, HockeyDad said:

But that has nothing to do with a show announcement. Had you made your statement two days ago prior to the show announcement I would have agreed wholeheartedly. My reaction had to do with tying the show announcement directly to their being the corps to beat. 

I think it's a reasonably safe assumption that, being first or second every year for the past 12 years, BD is a safe bet for being the corps to beat.  Regardless of when in the off-season the statement is made.  

On top of simply giving me a reason to post (corps news had been quiet up until recently), their show announcement, for me, just reinforces the fact that no current top 12 corps has a better handle on their identity and strengths than the Blue Devils.  

Absolutely ludicrous and completely laughable, I know.  

🙄

• Like 5

5 hours ago, chaddyt said:

I think it's a reasonably safe assumption that, being first or second every year for the past 12 years, BD is a safe bet for being the corps to beat.  Regardless of when in the off-season the statement is made.  

On top of simply giving me a reason to post (corps news had been quiet up until recently), their show announcement, for me, just reinforces the fact that no current top 12 corps has a better handle on their identity and strengths than the Blue Devils.  

Absolutely ludicrous and completely laughable, I know.  

🙄

While I agree with your first paragraph, how does the show announcement “reinforce the fact that no current top 12 corps has a better handle on their identity and strengths than the Blue Devils” for you? Honest question.

Do the Blue Devils write show announcements that much better than every other corps?  Do their show announcements just scream “we are so in tune with what we do in this activity, and we know our strengths lie in how we design our shows and move, spin, and play”?  If so, how?

I know this sounds sarcastic, but I’m not trying to be.  I’m genuinely curious as to how you get all that from the Blue Devils show announcement.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Quad Aces said:

While I agree with your first paragraph, how does the show announcement “reinforce the fact that no current top 12 corps has a better handle on their identity and strengths than the Blue Devils” for you? Honest question.

Do the Blue Devils write show announcements that much better than every other corps?  Do their show announcements just scream “we are so in tune with what we do in this activity, and we know our strengths lie in how we design our shows and move, spin, and play”?  If so, how?

I know this sounds sarcastic, but I’m not trying to be.  I’m genuinely curious as to how you get all that from the Blue Devils show announcement.

they write show announcements that show you they have their #### together long before May

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Anyone else getting an internal error 500 when posting in this thread?

2 hours ago, chaddyt said:

Anyone else getting an internal error 500 when posting in this thread?

I get it every now and then, more so if I'm linking to embedded media that generates a preview (like a tweet or yt video). If you're linking to something that auto generates a preview, removing the preview usually lets you post.

I messaged the admins a while back but we couldn't figure out what was causing it. 

4 hours ago, gabe211 said:

I get it every now and then, more so if I'm linking to embedded media that generates a preview (like a tweet or yt video). If you're linking to something that auto generates a preview, removing the preview usually lets you post.

I messaged the admins a while back but we couldn't figure out what was causing it. 

It's that new protocol that was quietly passed at the Janual this year when no one was looking:

In seasons where the Concord corps wins, it has to be written as Blue Coats as in Blue Devils. In seasons where the Charlotte corps or the Canton corps wins, it has to be written as Bluedevils, Blueknights, Bluestars, and Bluesaints. Check the new version of the Rule Book. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

they write show announcements that show you they have their #### together long before May

Several years before.  Chandler has shows planned out maybe 5 years in advance from what I've been told.  By the time a given program hits the field, they have everythjiong planned out as to what they want to do and when.

• Like 5

4 hours ago, 84BDsop said:

Several years before.  Chandler has shows planned out maybe 5 years in advance from what I've been told.  By the time a given program hits the field, they have everythjiong planned out as to what they want to do and when.

helps with licensing too

• Like 1

Looks like the Devils will be the best corps on the field as usual :guinesssmilie:

I adore this concept, I'm excited to see how the show develops this season

Hearing that their hornline is out for blood this year, can't wait :bluedevil:

• Like 5