Blue Devils 2019

16 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

Looks like it will be a cold night in Pittsburg and very windy. Those delta winds can be strong. 

Boy, that simple description brings it all back. Baking all day in the sun at Mars, then chilly, wind-whipped evening rehearsals...annnnnd the sand fleas, mostly dirt field and ankle-breaking cracks and dropoffs. Good times! 😄

From the reports I am getting A corps was on fire.  They do a tap shoe thing on wood.  Nt brother showed up from Austin so I didn't go. first time in decades I missed it.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, flammaster said:

From the reports I am getting A corps was on fire.  They do a tap shoe thing on wood.  Nt brother showed up from Austin so I didn't go. first time in decades I missed it.

Yeah, alumni whose opinion I respect were very impressed. Good sign, this time of year. Programs usually develop slowly, mostly skeletal during June, and really kick in when they get to the Midwest. Can pretty well tell, by the time they hit the RCC show, if they're legit. Would love to see a video, but might just bite the bullet for another week and see it in uniform on BloMarching, then in person in two weeks. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Yeah, alumni whose opinion I respect were very impressed. Good sign, this time of year. Programs usually develop slowly, mostly skeletal during June, and really kick in when they get to the Midwest. Can pretty well tell, by the time they hit the RCC show, if they're legit. Would love to see a video, but might just bite the bullet for another week and see it in uniform on BloMarching, then in person in two weeks. 

From my sources they seem very strong early on. But BD has up the playing field. Maybe a program a few years ago that goes undefeated now is just one of the tops. I seriously don’t see any corps undefeated. But that’s my opinion. 

• Like 1

From what I saw the corps is bloodthirsty this year. Every section. Colorguard doing some huge rifle and saber features that’ll knock our collective toupees off. Extremely catchy, charismatic show. Already humming it to myself. 

Oh — and some cool prop tricks. And a neat ‘BD’s greatest hits’ section that I’m interested to see develop.

(Someone has posted the show somewhere.) 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, flammaster said:

family derailing family day attendance... ironic

I just watched it. All i can say is WOW! LIT UP!!!!!

I cant wait to see this in the full uniforms and costume. This show is gonna be so............. This year is going to be so amazing, going down as one of the best years in DCI history. BD is on fire this early, shows they mean serious business, but intense fun and enjoyable one. Excited!!!!

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3