Blue Devils 2019

28 minutes ago, corps8294 said:

If the Blue Devils ever placed fifth or sixth at finals would it be considered a sky is falling situation or just a speed bump? :unsure:

a crappy show idea they need to address for the following year. Yowza!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

If the Blue Devils ever placed fifth or sixth at finals would it be considered a sky is falling situation or just a speed bump? :unsure:

Well, it does not happen very often. Sixth place in particular would be crazy. I don't think they have seen a 6th or lower finish since the early-to-mid 1970s, correct?

I honestly do not think it would phase them too much. Despite their competitive nature and incredible success I do believe they have very smart and practical leadership and teachers. They would know this sort of thing before even getting to Finals. If it did happen I believe they would just look at all the variables before making any decisions. They might just look into a new type of design as they did in 2008 with Risking Absurdity after the Cavaliers won 5 of 7 titles in the early 2000s. 

I still believe they are working on a monster show that simply takes a long time to complete and fine-tune the elements. People should not sleep on this show. The visual program has issues at the moment, and it also has some temp drill until they can fully work out transitions. Brass and percussion also have work to do, but all that said I still love the show and think the completed version is going to be fantastic, and likely top 3. 

• Like 3

On 6/26/2019 at 9:28 PM, HolyNOLA said:

Jesus I feel like I've been in a coma for 10 years. We're mic'ing entire hornlines now? I thought mics were for soloists and low volume pit instruments. 

I absolutely hate all the mic'ing.  And I don't understand what the purpose of mic'ing the whole corps is.  I was listening to a couple of older shows, one in particular Into the Light, and the subtle tonal nuiances were so beautiful.  They would have been ruined by mics.

i wonder when the graphics will appear on the props..  They will help tremendously.

1 hour ago, EricS said:

I absolutely hate all the mic'ing.  And I don't understand what the purpose of mic'ing the whole corps is.  I was listening to a couple of older shows, one in particular Into the Light, and the subtle tonal nuiances were so beautiful.  They would have been ruined by mics.

Vanguard!  Even though I said they will  repeat and I think they will.  I hated their show just because all I could hear is their 15 person hornline mic'd up to drown out everything else.  I  literally could not hear the DRUM LINE!!!!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, flammaster said:

Vanguard!  Even though I said they will  repeat and I think they will.  I hated their show just because all I could hear is their 15 person hornline mic'd up to drown out everything else.  I  literally could not hear the DRUM LINE!!!!

Agreed. Perhaps it is time for an electronics caption in the judging sheets.  

• Like 1