Blue Devils 2019

10 hours ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I strongly believe that! I observed and came to a realisation that they are going to come out swinging so differently for next couples of years. They crafting something very new and fresh for themselves once again.

One of the thing i would like though, is that they could make this year the last of the pop inclusion in their shows. Since 2015 they brought it in so cleverly, and made it work.

Each year its done so differently in the show.. 2015 kpop, 2016 Bieber, 2017 Rihanna, 2018 Michael Jackson, 2019 Britney Spears and they all have been applied so differently. All of them in each show gave the show a moment to breath, a let down your hair moment, to just relax a bit, then back to usual stuff.

On the contrary it’s the pop insertions are the main thing I’ve hated in their shows since 2015. Completely ruins pacing and any effect getting covered up by the samples.

• Like 4

Just now, Sideways said:

On the contrary it’s the pop insertions are the main thing I’ve hated in their shows since 2015. Completely ruins pacing and any effect getting covered up by the samples.

The only year where I found it disruptive was 2015 but then they followed it up with some of the most electric music and drill I've seen from a modern day corps so they kinda made up for it 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I hate the pop samples. The 2015 one was different since who listens to Kpop but please.  It is quite a production.  Not thrilled over the music but it is real  clean.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cappybara said:

The only year where I found it disruptive was 2015 but then they followed it up with some of the most electric music and drill I've seen from a modern day corps so they kinda made up for it 

2015 was some killer drill.

• Like 2

Question for my fellow BD honks.............are you happy with BD touring up in the Northwest, kinda flying under the radar out of sight out of mind, or would you rather them be back east slugging it out with Bloo and SCV? 

Chief Guns    2,799

Posted 2 minutes ago

Question for my fellow BD honks.............are you happy with BD touring up in the Northwest.

Reply:

I would rather see them in the current mix but that time will come soon enough. The time out of sight is giving them time to clean. If you remember, SCV did this part of the tour last year. I think it's an arrangement that BD and SCV share to bring the activity up to the Northwest.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Question for my fellow BD honks.............are you happy with BD touring up in the Northwest, kinda flying under the radar out of sight out of mind, or would you rather them be back east slugging it out with Bloo and SCV? 

Being under the radar in the Northwest worked out pretty well for them in 2017...

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 3:06 PM, bayareafan said:

As I said in an earlier post I think this is really the best concept that any corps has on the field right now.  I note that they won GE last night in Sacramento.  But you're right the music is not connecting as well as it should.  Maybe that's why I perceive their horn line as weak (by BD standards - most corps would love to have this line).  They need to get the music/horn line stuff sorted and then this show should really sell.  When I listened to Vanguard again last night their horn line just grabs you.  Clean.  Powerful.  Doesn't let go.  Cavies did not impress me as much on my second viewing last night, and I think that judges are reacting to the shear power that Cavies are projecting.  They have some serious problems with balance and intonation in parts of their show.  I didn't hear those kinds of problems with BD, rather BD's horn line just doesn't do anything to really impress me yet.  Hopefully they'll get there.  Whatever happens I will be thrilled if BD and SCV are 1 and 2 again this year in either order.  I enthusiastically and monetarily support both corps.  Three years in a row of California corps in the top two spots would be awesome.

Well, they could start by actually playing music for more than 40 seconds at a time or more than six minutes total! (This is not exaggeration, I timed it).

Edited by Rocketman
  • Confused 1