Blue Devils 2019

BDB is on fire!  too bad they are not touring.  Pay attention to how high their scores go in the next couple weeks.  A corps deserves the Sanford for sure this year!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rocketman said:

Well, they could start by actually playing music for more than 40 seconds at a time or more than six minutes total! (This is not exaggeration, I timed it).

Since you timed BD.........at your earliest convenience, can you time the current top six? Thank you in advance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Since you timed BD.........at your earliest convenience, can you time the current top six? Thank you in advance. 

Actually, that is the plan!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Rocketman said:

Actually, that is the plan!

Some have done this to some degree before.  In 17, supposedly the SCV soloists almost spent more time moving props than playing.

Don’t particularly give a crap about somebody’s timer. This show is astonishing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Question for my fellow BD honks.............are you happy with BD touring up in the Northwest, kinda flying under the radar out of sight out of mind, or would you rather them be back east slugging it out with Bloo and SCV? 

I am happy with the way this is all working out.  If they had been beating SCV every night out of the gate, I might feel differently.  But they edged them at their last head to head which has to be a psychological advantage for them.  And we know they are adding and cleaning, so the anticipation of that first full line up is amped even higher!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Somebody timed the top 6 on reddit. I think Blue Devils was lowest time playing, but not by much. They were all pretty close.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Question for my fellow BD honks.............are you happy with BD touring up in the Northwest, kinda flying under the radar out of sight out of mind, or would you rather them be back east slugging it out with Bloo and SCV? 

Like others have said... I'm fine with it. Gives them a chance to work out some stuff. And gives the fans there a chance to see a legendary drum corps.

And...maybe I'm wrong here... but perhaps this Northwest tour is easier on the BD budget, too.

• Like 4

Watched video of their performance from Renton. I like how the props were painted.

But are Blue Devils boosting their full ensemble sound with microphones along the sideline? It looks like there are five or six mic stands, each ten feet or more in height.

Wasn't that just the sort of thing that designers promised they wouldn't do at the 2018 Januals (when a rule was proposed limiting the number of brass instruments that could be mic'ed at any one time)?

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1