Blue Devils 2019

3 hours ago, flammaster said:

BDB is on fire!  too bad they are not touring.  Pay attention to how high their scores go in the next couple weeks.  A corps deserves the Sanford for sure this year!

A corps (almost) always deserves the Sanford! 😈

10 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Question for my fellow BD honks.............are you happy with BD touring up in the Northwest, kinda flying under the radar out of sight out of mind, or would you rather them be back east slugging it out with Bloo and SCV? 

See my post earlier. Them being under the radar is great in my opinion. A Blue Devils corps that is competing against themselves more than they are competing against other corps is very dangerous. Just take a look at 2014. No one had a chance, they were competing against their best selves 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Who isn’t?

There's that insecurity again

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, LabMaster said:

Please explain how this is insecurity? 

A few Boston fans, particularly Ghost, have made some oddly out-of-place comments in non-Boston threads along the lines of "other corps are doing x too!!" when someone compliments a corps for doing x. I get it --- Crown fans in particular seemed to be dogging on Boston's chances of rising in the ranks, not the least of which might be some sour grapes over perceived staff poaching. 

All just the usual petty & delicious drama : )

• Like 1

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Watched video of their performance from Renton. I like how the props were painted.

But are Blue Devils boosting their full ensemble sound with microphones along the sideline? It looks like there are five or six mic stands, each ten feet or more in height.

Wasn't that just the sort of thing that designers promised they wouldn't do at the 2018 Januals (when a rule was proposed limiting the number of brass instruments that could be mic'ed at any one time)?

A commenter responding to the video says that the microphones are there for the judges, as part of a quality control measure instituted by DCI. (Based on their positioning on the sideline between the pit instruments and the field, I think that's unlikely, though.) Is there any such program?

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Thank you for strengthening my assertion 

14 minutes ago, LabMaster said:

Please explain how this is insecurity? 

Please see Jake W's response, he said it better than I could have. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Why do people even feel the need to remind others? I don't think any one is under the illusion that other corps aren't polishing their shows.

How about we just let people express their excitement for a corps, especially in threads explicitly about said corps.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3