Blue Devils 2019

3 minutes ago, dcsnare93 said:

Why do people even feel the need to remind others? I don't think any one is under the illusion that other corps aren't polishing their shows.

How about we just let people express their excitement for a corps, especially in threads explicitly about said corps.

Simple answer: insecurity. 

Well, that, or he simply sees everyone as children who can't understand the simple concept that all corps are spending this summer improving their shows. 

But here's the rub: while all corps are spending the summer improving their shows, some do it better than others :bluedevil:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Finally, the said "ghostlight" prop actually lights up!

Willing to bet that this is still a placeholder ending, too, as tradition has it that the ghostlight is turned off when the stage is used for the first time the next day. Hopefully BD will work this in as we get closer to the end of the season.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

But here's the rub: while all corps are spending the summer improving their shows, some do it better than others :bluedevil:

And while all are improving and polishing, BD is unique in the amount they create on the fly as they go along. So much of it is composed in place from idea sketches that I think they are actually better off when they can be away in bubble for a while. Nightly slugfests are just a distraction. They'll have enough of that in a few weeks.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Finally, the said "ghostlight" prop actually lights up!

Willing to bet that this is still a placeholder ending, too, as tradition has it that the ghostlight is turned off when the stage is used for the first time the next day. Hopefully BD will work this in as we get closer to the end of the season.

Someone mentioned/suggested that the crazy drill they had in the first couple weeks will return soon, which has me excited 

• Like 3

Everyone makes additions and changes, but whether those decisions are beneficial determines success. I can't remember the last addition BD has made to a show that brought it down.

• Thanks 3

13 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Question for my fellow BD honks.............are you happy with BD touring up in the Northwest, kinda flying under the radar out of sight out of mind, or would you rather them be back east slugging it out with Bloo and SCV? 

Definitely up in the Northwest. I'm a retired track coach and our team was known for big drops in times for our sprinters at end of the season. That was because our sprints coach was very deliberate in how many miles he put in the legs. We all had the same weather to deal with, so the one thing we could control was the work load. Seems to me the same would hold true in drum corps. They have to put in the reps, and the south swing of the tour is coming. The reps they are getting in the pacific northwest have to be taking less of a toll than the reps the corps are getting in the muggy midwest right now. DB (and BK) should have a little bit more left in the tank at the end of the marathon that is tour. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to pretend this is a particularly new insight (or new occurrence,) but after finally seeing their show on video...geez...BD is bringing a nuke to a knife fight once again. Regardless of where they end up score wise once they're head-to-head with everyone, the performance level they're at already is just unreal. From the design side too, I haven't always loved their shows as much as the judges have the past 10ish years or so, but this one...this one I love!!

• Like 2

BD has had some incredible ballads since 2014 and I'm honestly having a hard time choosing which one I like the most out of all of them. 

I'm trying to rank them, for the time being my feeling is

1. 2015 

2. 2019

3. 2016

4. 2017

5. 2014

6. 2018

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

BD has had some incredible ballads since 2014 and I'm honestly having a hard time choosing which one I like the most out of all of them. 

I'm trying to rank them, for the time being my feeling is

1. 2015 

2. 2019

3. 2016

4. 2017

5. 2014

6. 2018

Oh idk Cappy, 2017 4th? I got 2017 number one. Might be the best ballad to ever grace a football field. Children will listen from Ink is number two. Love that ballad! And Clara coming out at the end of the ballad..........OMG! BD organization owes that young lady alot, i believe she saved our beloved Devils. They don't win without her. She tied that whole show together. And the fact that the staff identified her at family day, waited till finals week to unleash her, BOSS. 

• Like 1

I always thought this show would be like The Beat My Heart Skipped. A slow burn until it all comes together. I still think Coats is the Corp to beat and they seem strong this year in all sections but you just can’t count out BD because their history is undeniable solid. But this year the top 5 and perhaps 6 is solid. 

• Like 1