Blue Devils 2019

man this show has already come a LONG way - just watched the Seattle performance = WOW

prop finish looks great as well

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/8/2019 at 9:51 AM, Chief Guns said:

Question for my fellow BD honks.............are you happy with BD touring up in the Northwest, kinda flying under the radar out of sight out of mind, or would you rather them be back east slugging it out with Bloo and SCV? 

I don't qualify as BD honk, but I like not getting to see them until the end of the season.  I see a lot of my favorite corps through the season and love to see the improvements and get attached to the show. OTOH with BDs, I never see them until I go to Indy when they are at their best (and they do seem to pull out all the stops a little better than anyone when it comes to the final product).  So having them fly under the radar is part of my enjoyment about going to Championships. To someone in the Northeast, BDs is like the present that you know is there, but you don't get to unwrap and see it until Christmas morning. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

BD has had some incredible ballads since 2014 and I'm honestly having a hard time choosing which one I like the most out of all of them. 

I'm trying to rank them, for the time being my feeling is

1. 2015 

2. 2019

3. 2016

4. 2017

5. 2014

6. 2018

2017 is one of my favorite BD ballads ever, and one of my favorite DCI ballads, to boot.  It was just so amazing to hear that "classic" BD jazz ensemble sound when the full brass comes in with the chorus - I honestly didn't think they'd ever try something like that again. (Of course, now it makes me want them to try a big-band styled show a la Bluecoats!)

Mike

4 minutes ago, kkrepps said:

I don't qualify as BD honk, but I like not getting to see them until the end of the season.  I see a lot of my favorite corps through the season and love to see the improvements and get attached to the show. OTOH with BDs, I never see them until I go to Indy when they are at their best (and they do seem to pull out all the stops a little better than anyone when it comes to the final product).  So having them fly under the radar is part of my enjoyment about going to Championships.

What a great last sentence. "To someone in the Northeast, BDs is like the present that you know is there, but you don't get to unwrap and see it until Christmas morning"

That's  exactly how it is! They are an incredible organization. Year after incredible year, they come out with something that you instinctively know is going to be the Creme, even before anyone has seen or heard anything re the year's production.  Like you and thousands of others, I cant wait to see them live , We are the lucky ones! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

man this show has already come a LONG way - just watched the Seattle performance = WOW

prop finish looks great as well

I watched it to and they have improved a lot just over the last week. They are looking very strong, it's one of the best shows that they've had in a long time for me.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, ndrudy2013 said:

I watched it to and they have improved a lot just over the last week. They are looking very strong, it's one of the best shows that they've had in a long time for me.

Talent and experience makes it possible 

I've been following the Ghostlight production very closely since the beginning (I even went to watch some practices at LMC) and I can't believe how much this show has really just captivated me. And it's not only the visual aspect of it but the music. Something that BD does well is to bring new sounds/concepts to the field. It's so much fun to watch them develop their show as the weeks go by. I'm already getting emotionally invested into this show. 

• Like 5