Blue Devils 2019

1 hour ago, Bandoleer said:

Saw the show last night.  Definitely my favorite of this era from BD.  Better than the DCI winner two years ago, IMHO.  Demand is high and there's still room for achievement to grow.  The voice overs are generally good, but the Britney one seemed to cover up the brass entry.  Mistiming? I don't think that bit is needed anyway.  Best uni in a while from them as well.

I think the brass entrance overlapping Britney is on purpose. They've done it that way every single show. I agree about this show perhaps overtaking Metamorph as my faveorite BD show but my favorite (recent) uniforms were definitely from Metamorph. 

Also, vote for Ghostlight! 

5 hours ago, mboogey73 said:

This. Their demand level is off the charts compared to other drumlines. ScoJo would have several more Sanford’s if he were willing to break out the hose more often. 

which is exactly why I am glad they didn't.  People just don't get the whole attitude of BD is to push the envelope.  They are competing with your drum corps but also they are competing with previous BD corps. They are only 1 behind SCV with 13.

• Like 5

New video from BD, and it's the one I always look forward to every season: Scott Chandler talking about the show.

• Like 5

On 7/7/2019 at 9:10 AM, Cappybara said:

Just watched it, the sabre work in the ballad is so incredibly exposed it's amazing they're even attempting it. 

I'm still not sold on the hit towards the end of the 2nd movement, they have the violin player lead it and then the screamer coming in afterwards but the violin is so soft that it just makes it sound like the screamer came in at the wrong time. Im hoping they eventually go back to what they did at the beginning which was to just have the screamer lead the whole way

They did go back to the way it originally was, which I think was smart.

On another note, the members hanging/laying on the stages now at the beginning of the ballad is a really simple but nice visual effect.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 4

Next week's BD vs Bloo matchup shaping up to be epic. Can't wait. Devils be ready. Those phenomenal men and women from Canton are no joke!!!!!

• Like 6

11 hours ago, dcsnare93 said:

On another note, the members hanging/laying on the stages now at the beginning of the ballad is a really simple but nice visual effect.

Yes nice effect 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Next week's BD vs Bloo matchup shaping up to be epic. Can't wait. Devils be ready. Those phenomenal men and women from Canton are no joke!!!!!

Devs will be up for the challenge. One of the best cast in the history of BD. Those naughty little Devils are coming for your toys. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, dcsnare93 said:

I did like that. Glad they also went back to the lead trumpet coming in right away.

Also, their score last night was impressive! I wonder what it would've been if there weren't  so many holes though. I think I counted about 7 members not performing the show last night. Which I think was most obvious with the mis-fires on the props end which can get distracting.

Anyway, I always look forward to these little additions after every show!

• Like 2

On 7/8/2019 at 12:07 AM, flammaster said:

I hate the pop samples. The 2015 one was different since who listens to Kpop 

(Millions of people, even in the US.) 

• Like 1