Blue Devils 2019

18 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

What's the spread tonight everyone? I say Devs by half a point,  BD 88.7, SCV 88.2

I was actually thinking The same score for BD 88.7 but i will change it to 88.85 vanguard 88.45

• Like 1

Anyone know what happened to BD's 4th tenor? I hope whatever it is it's minor and he will be back or recover quickly!

Wow. Wasn't the same margin BD won by their last head to head with SCV seem like a continuation right where they left things. Lol. Congrats Blue Devs. Now slowly but surely increase that margin.

Wow again! Tomorrow or later for some of ya'll, will be an Epic battle fest. BD we are Cheering loudly for you all the way. Let this Ghost party start. We will dance around that ghost light with you on that stage. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jsd said:

...and, I am not sure why it is so close. 

Me too i think the same thing. But i don't know if we have same reasoning in our brain why we both not sure why it is so close.

From my perspective, BD has a complete show that has yet to be realized fully (which they always do in the end, so I am looking forward to that). SCV has too many things that work against what they are trying to achieve. I have been a HUGE Michael Gaines design fan for over two decades, but his design this year is missing the "oomph" that existed in his Cavaliers/POC/Escapade days. Even last year was a brilliant design, and deserved to be rewarded. 

BD has a theme, expands on it over the course of the show, is screaming from a brass standpoint, has another stellar Scott Chandler designed color guard, and a drum line that is better than it has been in quite some time. Jay Murphy has busted out the killer block rotations throughout the show, and BD just has a better package, top to bottom. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jsd said:

From my perspective, BD has a complete show that has yet to be realized fully (which they always do in the end, so I am looking forward to that). SCV has too many things that work against what they are trying to achieve. I have been a HUGE Michael Gaines design fan for over two decades, but his design this year is missing the "oomph" that existed in his Cavaliers/POC/Escapade days. Even last year was a brilliant design, and deserved to be rewarded. 

BD has a theme, expands on it over the course of the show, is screaming from a brass standpoint, has another stellar Scott Chandler designed color guard, and a drum line that is better than it has been in quite some time. Jay Murphy has busted out the killer block rotations throughout the show, and BD just has a better package, top to bottom. 

Exactly! You said it better than i would have. I really don't see the closeness, because BD show is far a head in my opinion. Maybe it's the new judges judging this show might be the reason, but nothing hold back a better design. I also don't agree with the general effect caption i strongly think BD general effect is way better. For me the two best GE this year is BD and Bluecoats. SCV i love them but the show don't feel complete clear in it's direction. If the music wasn't great, the show would fall flat! I think the margin should increase tomorrow or over the weekend.

• Like 1