Blue Devils 2019

1 hour ago, theonlyfizzle said:

I just watch video of BD performance tonight.. Can i tell you, i am so ####### excited with what i just watched. You are going to love it too!!!!!

Guys you are going love it even more. The show have gotten cleaner, The visuals are more defined, the BRASS Big improvements they sound incredible. Added musical changes, within the show and at the closer. Can i tell you that the closer have also changed, i am loving it, more and more. But you can tell there's still more that will be added to the ending. Don't know of it will change again entirely or just addition. Whichever way it is all working. Sooo Goood! Its going to be such a dog fight between BD and BC. 

Holy hell those screamers were on fire that performance, I don't understand how they're this good year after year. 

I'm not too sure what I think of that tag after the shoe tapping section, it really does take the cheekiness out of the section that I enjoyed so much. Maybe it'll grow on me. Noticed a lot of tiny little changes within the trumpet parts in the opener particularly dealing with articulation that really gives some clarity. They've also beefed up many of the transitions and I can't pinpoint exactly what it is but the lead into the Circus hit sounds different and more clear now than it did before. 

I'm not a fan of the individual overlapping solos being played over the corps in the new closer (which sounds very temporary). I get what they're trying to do, they're trying to create an echo effect to represent all the "ghosts/spirits" of the theatre. But as it is right now, it just sounds like a jumbled mess and almost sounds like individuals are coming in at the wrong time. 

Overall everything is much tighter and this show is really shaping up into one of my all time favorites by this corps. I think intonation is still an issue particularly in the ballad (which is expected considering how exposed the parts are, especially for the high brass) and that closer just needs tweaking to give this show a proper conclusion. Very excited to see where the last few weeks go! 

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Those naughty little Devils are at it again 92.150

That's great!  :thumbs-up:

So my first ever prediction... (a bold, outside the box prediction) of a BD Championship this year is still alive...yes?

Edited by kkrepps
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

That moment when they make the props go level and then back up at the beginning of the Britney section is one of the best prop moments I can think of outside of what Bluecoats have done in the last few years.  That got some pretty big WOAHS from where I was in the crowd in San Antonio and Mesquite.  So well done.  

• Like 5

Congrats BD, I knew it was going to happen at some point.  I’m pulling for Bluecoats, but this show is awesome too and I would be fine with either winning.  Getting to see one of those shows win?   We are all lucky fans!   

Going to be exciting watching them duke it out!  

• Like 4

Congratulations BD for your first win over Bloo in 2019! Here’s to a slugfest for the final couple of weeks! It is going to be exciting! 

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 3

Alright BD! But it's not over. Those fine men and women of Canton will be ready tomorrow night.

DO IT UP DEVILS!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Oddly enough, on this exact day in 2003, BD beat the previously-undefeated Cavaliers for the first time in Indianapolis, on their way to a championship win.

Could history repeat itself? We shall see!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Oddly enough, on this exact day in 2003, BD beat the previously-undefeated Cavaliers for the first time in Indianapolis, on their way to a championship win.

Could history repeat itself? We shall see!

Not to mention BD spotted SCV just over .6 gap their first meeting, ran them down in nine days, than spotted Bloo about the same gap and ran them down in ten days. But it's not over! Time for BD to kick it in high gear!

• Like 4