Blue Devils 2019

would there have been a new ending by now, if they were planning one? or is there still a chance?

7 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

would there have been a new ending by now, if they were planning one? or is there still a chance?

With how well this story is being told, they HAVE to turn out the Ghostlight at the end of the show. Everyone who has seen this show wants that to happen!  I have been watching the last couple of shows to see how that can work and i don’t think it will be that hard to add in. And now i am thinking it will end with the six guard members in masks hanging around to turn it off. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

They don't usually do it until their rehearsal time in Buffalo ( I assume they do that again this year?)

Yeah they have to turn out the light and right now the horns/drums all rush to the left and the guard moves to the right, and there is that whole runway for something magical to happen..

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

The thing about BD's brass is this: they have talent just like SCV and Carolina and Bloo. These days they typically do not come out of the gate as polished as they used to (except for 2014). Two factors are the cause: 1) the physical demand....<snip>

In addition to what you listed, I think their method of essentially writing the visual show as they go along must contribute as well. That approach has grown exponentially the past few years and it probably takes until a certain point in the season for it to be nailed down enough to free up more time in the blocks to laser focus on performance issues.

You can see it with the guard too. They used to be stronger out of the gate, but in recent seasons they have been more ragged until about the last third, when their precision suddenly improves dramatically. 

• Like 5

I predict a ghost light extinguishing ending at Allentown. I also predict it will be brilliant.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I predict a ghost light extinguishing ending at Allentown. I also predict it will be brilliant.

The ghost light provides light at night for any spirits to be able to see and even “perform” or dance on the stage. We’re in this place where anything can happen, who knows what ghosts are lurking around and what wonderful shows have been here before. Something will appear from the past. Who else is in the building except ghosts when the light is deployed?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I agree,

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

The ghost light provides light at night for any spirits to be able to see and even “perform” or dance on the stage. We’re in this place where anything can happen, who knows what ghosts are lurking around and what wonderful shows have been here before. Something will appear from the past. Who else is in the building except ghosts when the light is deployed?

Little Clara comes back at the end of the show, seals another title for BD, ripping out the hearts of BD haters once again, similar to 2015. 

• Like 5