Blue Devils 2019

1 hour ago, DWW11 said:

Want an example of what a great group of kids march Drum Corps?  Go to the latest BD Championship report and note the kid on camera is wearing a Crown shirt!  Whether he is a Crown alumni or a Crown lover, I thought it was VERY cool that he was wearing that shirt!

For BD, it doesn't matter what shirt you sport.   They don't get hung up on what you wear.  Hey, you're in BD, one of the best drum corps ever, the pinnacle if it's your dream to march there.  When you make it to BD, you have quite the war stories to share of your time with other corps you marched before.  It's all good and hey it's Nat's Week!  

• Like 7

43 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

For BD, it doesn't matter what shirt you sport.   They don't get hung up on what you wear.  Hey, you're in BD, one of the best drum corps ever, the pinnacle if it's your dream to march there.  When you make it to BD, you have quite the war stories to share of your time with other corps you marched before.  It's all good and hey it's Nat's Week!  

This, this, and more of this!

One of my favorite memories from marching Devs is that at every retreat, if a corps you were a part of in a prior season was announced, you could come to attention or show respect (at least in the battery we did this).  I thought it was really cool, and it was something that vets only explained once we were on the field for retreat (the first time in Atlanta if my memory serves correct).

There was also plenty of story sharing and just general appreciation of other people's experiences from other corps and years of marching.  Only real place I experienced that sort of camaraderie.

Excited to see what this week holds for everyone!

Thanks to this year's iteration of Devs for making the season so enjoyable (and to the other corps as well)!

Do it up! #ISmellSmoke

Edited by ndkbass
grammar
  • Like 9

7 minutes ago, xandandl said:

So is the ending at Finals Cappybara turning out the light or what???

I plead the fifth

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Poppycock said:

That time of the season when those naughty little Devils break the hearts of competitors, sending them home empty handed. Devils are built to win the big toy. 

No doubt about this. I am in love with their show this year. Want Bluecoats to win, but I will not complain if BD gets the win. Both are deserving. In recent years BD has really come up with a system that allows them to build and develop organically through the summer in a manner that is unique. Come August they are tough to beat. 

• Like 9

Regardless of what happens Saturday nite, the model of consistency looks to continue. About to be 13 consecutive top 2 finishes. I just want everyone to think about that for a second and let that sink in. Enjoy this. We will never see this type of dominance again once it ends. DO IT UP DEVILS. DO IT UP......... 

• Like 7

I know one thing for sure. The finals battle will be one for the ages. I wish they could give both the gold. I personally think both shows are better than any show performed since 2014.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

• Like 3

Quick question for those in the know:  What happened to Blue Devils B (and Vanguard Cadets, too)? I’m so used to seeing their scores from Open Class finals that I was surprised by their absence. Thanks!