Blue Devils 2019

1 hour ago, Cappybara said:

THIS. As great as metamorph was, the pacing of that show was just way too slow for the first 60% of the show imo. 

Meanwhile this show just flows so well you don't even realize 12 minutes has passed 

Absolutely. In Allentown last week, they finished and I thought there could have been another five minutes. The show just flew by.

• Like 4

Seattle has a dome, right?  That's more neutral than Indy...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rpbobcat said:

One issue is a suitable venue.

DCI doesn't want to take a chance on weather,interfering with any of the shows.

I don't know if there's a dome on the west coast that could be used.

No dome. But for what it's worth, it rarely (if at all) rains in California in the summer and fall. I think Levi's Stadium or the new stadium being built in LA would be good options. Phoenix has a dome I believe. Then again, that also brings up my preference for shows in open air stadiums. 

Edited by Rylan

1 hour ago, rpbobcat said:

One issue is a suitable venue.

DCI doesn't want to take a chance on weather,interfering with any of the shows.

I don't know if there's a dome on the west coast that could be used.

It rarely rains in California during the summer -- July and August are the driest months of the year. The average rainfall for August in the LA area is 0.0 inches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rylan said:

No dome. But for what it's worth, it rarely (if at all) rains in California in the summer and fall. I think Levi's Stadium or the new stadium being built in LA would be good options. Phoenix has a dome I believe. Then again, that also brings up my preference for shows in open air stadiums. 

I'm in Phoenix right now and you do not want to be a drum corps trying to rehearse here. Or warm up here. Or just generally be outside here. NO body wants to be outside here. And while we have the doomed stadium, there isn't any buildings connected to it and the sound inside for marching bands is just AWEFUL. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, DWW11 said:

SO, how do we BD fans in Indy this week make enough noise to try and counterbalance the Bloos?  

Sadly that will never happen. With a title on the line, BD vs any corps...........BD will ALWAYS be outnumbered in fans. They have won too much. Yes it's true since 2014, BD has gotten alot of love, especially on DCP. But they have won to much to be the darlings of DCI. Can they have one of the fan favorite shows in a particular year, of course! But they will never be THE fan favorite. Look no further than the annual predictions threads that come out every year. Look how many people pick BD every year to finish 3rd or 4th. And the 2020 predictions thread will be no different. I believe there are as many BD fans as Bloo fans. But Bloo will gain the advantage because the majority of other fans will jump on the Bloo train in hopes of derailing BD. And that's ok. Bloo is freaking amazing and i love them!! It's no different than SEC fans in college football. Once their particular SEC team is going nowhere, they jump on the bandwagon of the SEC team that can win it all (Alabama) and ride them till the season ends. Facts. But until BD falls off the mountain, it will ALWAYS be ABBD........Anyone But Blue Devils. 

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rylan said:

I am a diehard 49ers fan, and i go to 2-3 Niners home games each season driving/flying up from SoCal (when i am not deployed). I could be wrong, but i don't see Levi's as a viable option. Maybe Stanford stadium would be better. I think the biggest complaint about the Rose Bowl was the buzzing of stadium lights in 2007. But again i could be wrong. 

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I am a diehard 49ers fan, and i go to 2-3 Niners home games each season driving/flying up from SoCal (when i am not deployed). I could be wrong, but i don't see Levi's as a viable option. Maybe Stanford stadium would be better. I think the biggest complaint about the Rose Bowl was the buzzing of stadium lights in 2007. But again i could be wrong. 

I was there at the Rose Bowl for 2007. I have been to a couple of Cal vs. UCLA games there since (I'm a Cal fan....unfortunately) and I believe the ballasts in those stadium lights have been fixed since because I haven't noticed them since. I paid special attention during the post-game show where the bands play. I only suggested Levi's because they have a very high wall of seats that can fit probably just as many people (on one side of the stadium) as Lucas Oil. 

Though, it looks like the new LA Stadium is going to be awesome AND domed (starts at 5:14): 

• Like 1