Blue Devils 2019

16 minutes ago, DFA1970 said:

Dude. That was the old stadium that hosted the Super Bowl. It’s gone. The new stadium is much smaller but very intimate. 

Even though i am a Niners fan, i was 7 years old when that 49ers/Dolphins super bowl was played. I need to stay in my age lane as i obviously was incorrect on the stadium. Lol.

1 minute ago, DFA1970 said:

I hope so. At least a year. 2007 was a blast. So much to do in the area. I remember these people behind me planning their day trips to Catalina, Laguna Beach then finally Disney. Indy is nice but yawn city. 😮

Yes Sir. Born and raised 15-20min from Pasadena. It was awesome having finals here in 2007. And being able to see complete shows instead of only June shows in it's beginning stages lol. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Yes Sir. Born and raised 15-20min from Pasadena. It was awesome having finals here in 2007. And being able to see complete shows instead of only June shows in it's beginning stages lol. 

2007 finals was very special for us BD and SCV fans. And then the Kingsmen Alumni Corp performances was the icing. DCI West was a week before that at Stanford. Best time ever for finals week.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Sadly that will never happen. With a title on the line, BD vs any corps...........BD will ALWAYS be outnumbered in fans. They have won too much. Yes it's true since 2014, BD has gotten alot of love, especially on DCP. But they have won to much to be the darlings of DCI. Can they have one of the fan favorite shows in a particular year, of course! But they will never be THE fan favorite. Look no further than the annual predictions threads that come out every year. Look how many people pick BD every year to finish 3rd or 4th. And the 2020 predictions thread will be no different. I believe there are as many BD fans as Bloo fans. But Bloo will gain the advantage because the majority of other fans will jump on the Bloo train in hopes of derailing BD. And that's ok. Bloo is freaking amazing and i love them!! It's no different than SEC fans in college football. Once their particular SEC team is going nowhere, they jump on the bandwagon of the SEC team that can win it all (Alabama) and ride them till the season ends. Facts. But until BD falls off the mountain, it will ALWAYS be ABBD........Anyone But Blue Devils. 

This is just a side note completely unrelated to DCI but it is interesting than in almost every sport/team-based activity, people seem to bandwagon AGAINST the perennial winners of the sport. 

But in more individual sports such as tennis or swimming or figure skating, it seems that people get drawn to the perennial winners. Very interesting phenomenon

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

This is just a side note completely unrelated to DCI but it is interesting than in almost every sport/team-based activity, people seem to bandwagon AGAINST the perennial winners of the sport. 

But in more individual sports such as tennis or swimming or figure skating, it seems that people get drawn to the perennial winners. Very interesting phenomenon

Because in general regardless of the sport, we don't like dynasties. We don't like it when teams figure out the winning formula to stay on top year after year. BD isn't the only victim of this. Golden State of the NBA, Mercedes AMG of F1 racing, UCONN Womens basketball, Alabama in college football...........all get this treatment. Heck.....even after the Cavies won in 2006, i remember starting to hear some groans about it's time for someone else to win. Some (NOT ALL) was starting to get tired of the Cavaliers believe it or not. 

Look no further than the Patriots. When Brady took them to the first super bowl in 2001, they were the underdogs, the Rams was looking for their 2nd super bowl title in three years and was on their way to a dynasty. Rams was heavily favored. Majority was rooting for the Patriots and was happy when they won. HOWEVER, by 2007 when Brady was taking them to their 4th super bowl appearance, most was rooting AGAINST the Patriots. Why...... because NOW they built a dynasty, and we wanted to see them fall from grace. Clemson University has won 2 of the last three championships in college football. While most was happy they slayed Alabama, watch what happens if Clemson racks up a couple more chips in the next few years. They will become the hated. 

Like i said earlier, BD has gotten lots of love on DCP the last five years. Us BD honks on DCP from 08-13 remember those years. Brutal!!!!! But the reality is BD has won too much and regardless of what they do, most will want them taken down. The only way i can see BD being DCI darlings, is they would have to fall from grace for a generation or two, everyone that remembers BDs dominance has died off and there is a whole new generation of DCI fans that will cheer BD back to the top. And even then that might not be enough.

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Chief Guns said:

Like i said earlier, BD has gotten lots of love on DCP the last five years. Us BD honks on DCP from 08-13 remember those years. Brutal!!!!! But the reality is BD has won too much and regardless of what they do, most will want them taken down. The only way i can see BD being DCI darlings, is they would have to fall from grace for a generation or two, everyone that remembers BDs dominance has died off and there is a whole new generation of DCI fans that will cheer BD back to the top. And even then that might not be enough.

And those shows from 08-13 have aged like a fine wine :guinesssmilie:

And I agree, haters gonna hate, but the corps will keep winning rings

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

And those shows from 08-13 have aged like a fine wine :guinesssmilie:

And I agree, haters gonna hate, but the corps will keep winning rings

Agreed. It's funny when someone starts a thread about your favorite shows etc..........i notice BDs 08-13 show up often. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Agreed. It's funny when someone starts a thread about your favorite shows etc..........i notice BDs 08-13 show up often. 

It just took a while for people to acquire good taste :tongue:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2