Blue Devils 2019

BD faithful, for those of you who do have Flo, there is a great video of Scott Chandler breaking down the show as it's going on. Found it to be a great watch

• Thanks 5

Flo also has the complete finals - minus the sound - available to watch. I just watched both BD and Bloo on high cam. Fascinating to compare the flow of the two shows. Without the sound to distract you, you see so much. I was surprised by how much movement is going on in the BD show, and by how fast they moved all through the show. The members have to be in the best shape of their lives.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Boy oh boy i am here to tell ya! DCP needs BD to win. Cause when they do, the finals threads are hilarious. People wanting to change the sheets, fire judges, add in fan voting, LMAO. BDs success sure brings out peoples creative juices lol. Whatever they can do to keep BD from winning. I admire their determination lol. Too bad it's not going to work. But hey on the bright side, they always have the annual predictions thread to wish. Lol. DO IT UP DEVILS!!

At least on DCP it’s still pretty tame compared to what I’m reading on Twitter and Reddit. Some people just really hate BD with all their might. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Rylan said:

At least on DCP it’s still pretty tame compared to what I’m reading on Twitter and Reddit. Some people just really hate BD with all their might. 

In some other years, I can see how people would be mad.  And that turns them into haters. And people become obsessed with it when someone wins who they do not like.

But seriously, THIS year?  I honestly didn’t realize how much people STILL hate BD until all the comments I’ve seen on Facebook, YouTube, and elsewhere.

This show, for me, was actually the most enjoyable of the year.  Just too many great things going on to not be at the top.  If Bloo would have won, I would not have been disappointed.  But I believe BD and Bloo 2019 might go into history as two of the most entertaining shows ever.  

Congratulations!!!  

• Like 5

I use to take offense at the BD haters on twitter, youtube, reddit and so on.. They say the ugliest things most of the time without a thought of the kids (MM). But it have gotten so old and i get used to it. That translate to me now find it as entertainment and i laugh a lot. I really do! I start to find it really funny, i just laughed out loud so hard sometimes.

• Thanks 1

Must admit, i am enjoying the reactions i am getting this morning at the hotel and airport while wearing a BD shirt!  For every 1 person who smiles and gives a thumbs up, i get 3 people scowling at me!  I enjoy this because, if you are THAT kind of person, rubbing a little salt in the wounds is what you deserve!  And i can say, with absolute sincerity that this was my favorite BD show ever!  I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S OVER ALREADY!!!!  

• Like 3

Might have to get me one of these. Hopefully they have senior sizes. 

2767e7cd-1e34-4ad5-ac40-4d0ff39b9818.png

• Like 2

Loved BD this year!  I liked to mumble under my breath about them back in the 2007-2014 period. But not these days.  Love it!

Edited by chris ncsu
  • Thanks 1

Just had the privilege of buying breakfast at the airport for one of the snare drummers. He was proudly wearing his medal and when he saw me in my BD shirt he gave me a hug!  Nice young man who aged out but still has a year in RCC. He protested a bit but i assured him it was the least i could do! And, fwiw, i am seeing a LOT of BD/Ghostlight shirts now. 

• Like 9