Blue Devils 2019

2 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

The Blue Devils Post 2019 Victory Run

The Blue Devils just posted their 2019 Victory Run 15 minutes ago - for your enjoyment.

Magic, pure magic.  Thank you Devils for another memorable season.  

• Like 4

Just wanted to drop in and say congratulations to the Blue Devils on a great season and championship.  Really loved the show.  Engrossing from beginning to end, beautifully designed, and of course impeccably executed by members who know how to close. Just a privilege to watch all around.  Special shout out to the guard, I really thought they would take the Zingali, and deserved it in my book.  And to Brandon and the percussion section; what a storybook way to end a great tenure with BD.

Congrats, again ... until next summer!

• Like 5

I want to say thank you to the Blue Devils organization.  Over the past several years, it has been my privilege to host the corps. Yesterday, while my daughter was out in San Francisco, she ran into someone affiliated with the organization.  After a brief conversation, this person realized she was my daughter and bought her lunch in thanks for my hosting the corps.

Even outside the season, the corps always represents with the class that is Blue Devils.

Edited by Old Corps Guy
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Really sad we won't get to see Brandon perform anymore. Seems like it was just yesterday he burst onto the scene in 2010 when he shocked SCOJO and the world learning BDs music off the internet. I wish him nothing but the best in all his future endeavors. Who knows, maybe he will be SCOJO's successor someday. 

• Like 6

Showed my 11 year old brother their victory run (loosely describing the concept of the Ghostlight to him as he loves musical theater) and he just kept saying "Wow!"- the show is a hit. 

• Like 7

Confession time: one of the reasons i am so glad BD won, aside from the whole “it was the best show”, “the performance level was off the charts”, and “it totally deserved it”, was that i have my Beatles music back now!  In the couple of weeks leading to finals, i found listening to the Fab4 a bit difficult.  Add to that that my middle child’s favorite Beatles tune is “Eleanor Rigby”, and the youngest’s is “Blackbird”!   I would have forever listened to those tunes with a twinge of sadness had the BC won this year!

• Like 2

On 8/16/2019 at 6:47 PM, Chief Guns said:

Really sad we won't get to see Brandon perform anymore. Seems like it was just yesterday he burst onto the scene in 2010 when he shocked SCOJO and the world learning BDs music off the internet. I wish him nothing but the best in all his future endeavors. Who knows, maybe he will be SCOJO's successor someday. 

Would be great for Brandon to stay active within the organization in some capacity.

• Like 6

22 hours ago, Poppycock said:

Would be great for Brandon to stay active within the organization in some capacity.

I want him to do BDI so we can see him perform some more! Also, to show Top Secret DC how to play the snare WELL. 

• Like 1