Blue Devils 2019

10 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

Some better views are up ... 

This is a guard that’s mad 2 other guards ended their winning streak. They won’t stop til they taste blood! 

Hornline really running in that opener! And throughout. I look forward to DCP pretending this is not the case. 

I don’t know the ratio of vets to rookies this year but the physical demands and creative risks of this show at this point in the season feel like what BD serves us when it’s a veteran-heavy year. This feels like the kind of show they design for a corps that is already acquainted with the BD way of doing things. No hesitancy at all, everyone already seems to “get it,” and it’s only mid-June! 

*3 other guards (Crown, SCV, BAC in 2016-18)

• Like 1

OK
Blue Devils were forced to up their guard game and they did!!  Glad to see BD trying to be better than just their status quo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, btown50 said:

The guard needs to work on that opener in the ballad.  It was really rough for me.  But that ballad and the visual movements towards the end is incredible. 

But thank goodness they are trying to beat Boston.

• Like 4

They're off to a much better start this year than last.

The bones of this show are solid, and it's staged wonderfully (as per usual). A lot of great moments throughout, and some nice references to previous shows.

Those wanting BD to fall out of the medals, or even the top two ....sorry, not this year.

Edited by dcsnare93
  • Like 8

There's only two types of people in the world The ones that entertain, and the ones that observe

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am apparently not reacting like many of you. This seems really rough me. An extremely unfinished product in all regards that comes across as needing at least a month before ever competing. Guard seems really behind to me. The brass writing is really predictable and using identical scoring in someways that immediately takes segments back to previous shows. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1