Recommended Posts

Saw new footage. Huge smile on my face. BD is out for blood this year. AND THAT GUARD!!!!! HOLY THROWS!!!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

 AND THAT GUARD!!!!! HOLY THROWS!!!

Finally!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Finally!

Yep. they want to win again.  They are spinning more than I have ever seen them do, including a few tricks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a part 2 that goes with part 1 that is 1:11 long.  Part 2 is the closer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DCI-86 said:

Yep. they want to win again.  They are spinning more than I have ever seen them do, including a few tricks!

I’m honestly wary of how easily folks discount the difficulty of what BD guard has been doing these recent years... This show definitely has more of the “ooh “ and “aah” tricks than usual, but as always what makes their programs so difficult IMO is the style and the exposure, not the eye-popping tricks. I wish people posted better footage of the guards, the way they do of drumlines, so that people can take a closer look at what BD’s hands and bodies are doing. Their stuff is SO uniquely hard to clean and make look consistent from up top. 

I still can’t get over the fact that, in 2017, they did a crazy intricate, minute-long flag feature while parked on the 50 in a *basics block* at a one-yard spread — a lunatic thing to do! You’re practically begging for people to spot the flaws. People called it easy, but man. 

I’m super glad they’re also showing us they can toss as well as the other big boys and hope it gets them back on the podium. But their recent run has been as difficult and great as they always were. I’ve got nothing but respect. 

Edited by saxfreq1128
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I’m honestly wary of how easily folks discount the difficulty of what BD guard has been doing these recent years... This show definitely has more of the “ooh “ and “aah” tricks than usual, but as always what makes their programs so difficult IMO is the style and the exposure, not the eye-popping tricks. I wish people posted better footage of the guards, the way they do of drumlines, so that people can take a closer look at what BD’s hands and bodies are doing. Their stuff is SO uniquely hard to clean and make look consistent from up top. 

I still can’t get over the fact that, in 2017, they did a crazy intricate, minute-long flag feature while parked on the 50 in a *basics block* at a one-yard spread — a lunatic thing to do! You’re practically begging for people to spot the flaws. People called it easy, but man. 

I’m super glad they’re also showing us they can toss as well as the other big boys and hope it gets them back on the podium. But their recent run has been as difficult and great as they always were. I’ve got nothing but respect. 

That flag feature made me go:

patrickstar.jpg

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, saxfreq1128 said:

New footage looks pretty good. The very beginning will cohere soon, I’m sure. Been awhile since the guard looked THIS ready to kick butt before the real tour started. I’m excited! 

Yeah. Am ready too. Love the amount of work the guard is doing, just imagine how they will be in july. I seem to can't take my eyes off them.

 

Edited by theonlyfizzle
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Saw new footage. Huge smile on my face. BD is out for blood this year. AND THAT GUARD!!!!! HOLY THROWS!!!

Can i tell you.. They are doing some serious work.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BD has mastered the Transition, They make an entire show out transitions and that is all that is ever judged. And in between the transitions very hard music book that is being expertly performed.

They move these giant props around the field and manage to make you watch a snaking hornline through these moving props and make a moment out of it. And the guard has demand in their book that is not seen from them every year.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

Saw new footage. Huge smile on my face. BD is out for blood this year. AND THAT GUARD!!!!! HOLY THROWS!!!

They've adapted to what the judges are rewarding right now which is TOSS TOSS TOSS TOSS TOSS TOSS TOSS

Also...TOSS

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.