Blue Devils 2019

1 hour ago, Dream Theater said:

Just saw the better recording and sadly, not a fan. Very all over the place and it really doesn't sound good. Bummer as I am bringing new people to see a show. Haven't been a fan of their sound since Felliniesque. Sighs...always next year. I am now rooting for the Cavies to beat them at the show and have SVC take the gold. 

So what if BDs show translates better in person than on YT? I remember questioning BD back in 2012 online and thinking they was in trouble, saw DADA live two nights later and i knew they was going undefeated. What if Cavies/SCV are all over the place and not sounding good? 

Edited by Chief Guns

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

So what if BDs show translates better in person than on YT? I remember questioning BD back in 2012 online and thinking they was in trouble, saw DADA live two nights later and i knew they was going undefeated. What if Cavies/SCV are all over the place and not sounding good? 

Hi Chief,

Then I'll say the same about them. Each year I want all the corps to do well and to sound good. I wasn't too impressed with Crown either. Going to the theaters to watch. Let's see what happens. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Dream Theater said:

Hi Chief,

Then I'll say the same about them. Each year I want all the corps to do well and to sound good. I wasn't too impressed with Crown either. Going to the theaters to watch. Let's see what happens. 

I can respect that. I am man enough to admit that sometimes i do get defensive when it comes to BD. You have some on this site that want to tear them down no matter what they do or how they sound. It's no where near the level of 2010-2013, but they are still out there. Enjoy the theater viewing!! Looking forward to your thoughts and review.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

I can respect that. I am man enough to admit that sometimes i do get defensive when it comes to BD. You have some on this site that want to tear them down no matter what they do or how they sound. It's no where near the level of 2010-2013, but they are still out there. Enjoy the theater viewing!! Looking forward to your thoughts and review.

Thanks Chief. A little secret...I used to be a frequent poster on the old Blue Devils forums way back in the day. 😉

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dream Theater said:

Thanks Chief. A little secret...I used to be a frequent poster on the old Blue Devils forums way back in the day. 😉

Speaking of old BD posters, i miss Plan9. We need him back! BD threads aren't the same without him. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Glenn426 said:

BD has mastered the Transition, They make an entire show out transitions and that is all that is ever judged. And in between the transitions very hard music book that is being expertly performed.

At a standstill. I counted 30 seconds of a 9 minute video where the ENTIRE brass line was playing AND moving at the same time. The combination of elements has been sorely lacking from BD for probably a decade... but since the judges (apparently) no longer look for that, why bother? Pose and play, then jazz run to your next prop, and repeat. Aside from guard, BD's visual design has gotten EXTREMELY stale to me. There's absolutely no individual difficulty to BD's books beyond simple endurance; it's all sacrificed for staging and transitions.

• Like 1