Blue Devils 2019

I think this may be my favorite BD program ever. Conceptually it’s awesome and very high level, but the designers still have a lot of wiggle room to change parts and layer as they see fit- exactly where you want to be right now. 

They chose some stunning music for this show. The effect of the music choices alone give so much effect to the show already. It’s a super understandable program yet very high brow most of the time. Love all the different sounds with the Sousaphone and the violin. 

Bd I’m a believer!

• Like 5

WarriorWay    65 DCP Veteran Posted 10 minutes ago

I think this may be my favorite BD program ever. Conceptually it’s awesome and very high level, but the designers still have a lot of wiggle room to change parts and layer as they see fit- exactly where you want to be right now. 

They chose some stunning music for this show. The effect of the music choices alone give so much effect to the show already. It’s a super understandable program yet very high brow most of the time. Love all the different sounds with the Sousaphone and the violin. 

Bd I’m a believer!

Reply:

I agree, but they need to do something at the start. Drill appears to be a compression spiral but it is taking too long to compress and form without anything going on except the pit. Maybe it's the music the pit is playing. It needs to be shortened and create the effect faster IMO.

Congrats on the win tonight BD!!! But those rifle tosses coming thru the door in the opener...........OMG that was scary! Thank God no one was hurt. Minus that, BD killed it tonight. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Congrats on the win tonight BD!!! But those rifle tosses coming thru the door in the opener...........OMG that was scary! Thank God no one was hurt. Minus that, BD killed it tonight. 

what happened? 

Just now, saxfreq1128 said:

what happened? 

The opener where the color guard does the rifle toss coming thru the doors going down the line, the first toss was way off, clanged off the door, and then the second toss, and the third, and the fourth etc. The whole sequence was a disaster. But the CG recovered and nailed the rest of the show. I am sure someone recorded the show and it will end up on YT in the coming days. I was afraid of the rifles hitting someone as they was clanging off the props. It was pretty scary at first. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

what happened? 

There are 12 tosses coming thru the doors in that opening sequence. At least 7-8 drops and half of those was bouncing off props. 

I finally had a chance to watch a good video of this year's show and liked it a lot. The guard especially really shined, and I'm not normally a guard guy. All sections were up to typical BD standards and I expect it will be a tight race between them and the Bluecoats this year. I can't picture them outside the top 2.

• Like 1