Blue Devils 2019

7 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

The opener where the color guard does the rifle toss coming thru the doors going down the line, the first toss was way off, clanged off the door, and then the second toss, and the third, and the fourth etc. The whole sequence was a disaster. But the CG recovered and nailed the rest of the show. I am sure someone recorded the show and it will end up on YT in the coming days. I was afraid of the rifles hitting someone as they was clanging off the props. It was pretty scary at first. 

Woof - I've carried one of our kids off the field to the sideline after a rifle strike ... never a pretty sight (she recovered as did her unitard) .... even happier with the final result now ....

• Like 1

Still a lot of work to be done, but it sounds like the ideas and flow of this show are beginning to take shape. I did not see last nights show. Maybe on video later. But I have been saying that there is something really nice cooking in this production. SCV still has plenty to work on as well judging from what I've seen so far. Both should be fantastic shows come Finals. 

Proud BD parent here (euphonium player), so I want everyone to know my bias right up front. :) Last night my daughter were sitting in the back of the stadium, not the usual press side b/c all those tickets had been sold.  Yay for that!   So we saw the back side of the props and the corps.  It was really windy right when BD started so my very humble opinion was that the wind blew the rifles back towards the door props, which I thought was why so many rifles were hitting the props.  Kinda like what you see with a golf ball when it's hit into the wind.  We saw the show the night before at the Rose Bowl, and I don't think I saw a single rifle drop in that opening sequence. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, belle411 said:

Proud BD parent here (euphonium player), so I want everyone to know my bias right up front. 🙂 Last night my daughter were sitting in the back of the stadium, not the usual press side b/c all those tickets had been sold.  Yay for that!   So we saw the back side of the props and the corps.  It was really windy right when BD started so my very humble opinion was that the wind blew the rifles back towards the door props, which I thought was why so many rifles were hitting the props.  Kinda like what you see with a golf ball when it's hit into the wind.  We saw the show the night before at the Rose Bowl, and I don't think I saw a single rifle drop in that opening sequence. 

Ah ok! That makes sense! Someone else mentioned it was a guest a wind right as the show was starting. I am just glad no one hurt. The first few rifles was clanging off the props and I was afraid someone would get hit in the face. Despite that BD killed it and I am super proud of them. DO IT UP DEVILS!!

• Like 3

Thank you Proud BD Parent

Thanks for the explanation. I knew that this incident was out of the ordinary. There is no way so many misses could happen without an explanation

I have to say - musically this is one of my more favorite BD productions in a loooong time.  I especially love the opener and closer - they're kind of funky, electronic and have some "classic" BD hits and sounds in there.  The whole show has a real energy to it that's infectious.  

Mike

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Still exhausted from the Pride parade. Protesters held things up until San Francisco's finest convinced them to leave the street and the parade resumed. So many Pride-related events that bring the celebration to new heights each year. Exciting to learn that the Devs have found their groove. I'll be checking in from time to time throughout the summer, but right now it's time for some self-treatment from all-night of go-go dancing and the after party.  

• Like 3

All I am gonna say is I saw2 Dave Glyde trying to get the bass line to split flam drags on a rainy night in 98.  You finally got your wish Dave!  Best bass line I have ever seen!!!

14 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

The opener where the color guard does the rifle toss coming thru the doors going down the line, the first toss was way off, clanged off the door, and then the second toss, and the third, and the fourth etc. The whole sequence was a disaster. But the CG recovered and nailed the rest of the show. I am sure someone recorded the show and it will end up on YT in the coming days. I was afraid of the rifles hitting someone as they was clanging off the props. It was pretty scary at first. 

It’s almost as if this colorguard program is risky, exposed, and incredibly difficult!! Glad no one got hurt. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1