Recommended Posts

It’s a process that follows a pre-determined plan The achievement is based on the MM’s trusting the process. BD is designed, built, managed, and maintained to win championships. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Cappybara   Posted 2 minutes ago

"From what I remember, they were extremely young last year and likely are still a little young this year as well. "

Reply:

As I posted after attending BD "Family Day", BD has 52 Age Outs this year so I would consider them very experienced and the book is plenty challenging. Their progress seems no different from previous years. They start out with a presentable show skeleton and then constantly add layers and refine scores till Finals. BD are masters at this cleaning and improving their show.

How do those age out numbers compare to their previous hornlines? Thanks for the info 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Poppycock    Posted 3 minutes ago

It’s a process that follows a pre-determined plan The achievement is based on the MM’s trusting the process. BD is designed, built, managed, and maintained to win championships. 

Reply:

Poppycock said it better than I. I don't think MM's ages matter. Staff knows what they have to do and they do it. It's just that simple. They attack the big problems after first judging reviews then after that it's detail, detail, detail.

Don't forget Shaun Gallant of last year's SCV is this year's corps director for BD. The staff has already put everything into place for a 2019 run for the gold. I think what we will see is a real cat fight between BD and Blucoats.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

Poppycock    Posted 3 minutes ago

It’s a process that follows a pre-determined plan The achievement is based on the MM’s trusting the process. BD is designed, built, managed, and maintained to win championships. 

Reply:

Poppycock said it better than I. I don't think MM's ages matter. Staff knows what they have to do and they do it. It's just that simple. They attack the big problems after first judging reviews then after that it's detail, detail, detail.

Don't forget Shaun Gallant of last year's SCV is this year's corps director for BD. The staff has already put everything into place for a 2019 run for the gold. I think what we will see is a real cat fight between BD and Blucoats.

Dogs are totally offended. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really cool #EvilBass feature on Dev's twitter today! https://twitter.com/TheBlueDevils/status/1151594388608339968

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the lack of new performance videos since July 10th weekend is hurting my soul

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, saxfreq1128 said:

the lack of new performance videos since July 10th weekend is hurting my soul

Ain't that the truth. Hopefully BD Nation will be in the south the next week or two and give us some great videos of our beloved Devils. 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love how this thread is just full of love and respect.  Reminds me of the old BD forums. Comparing this thread to some of the other corps threads well.....

 

Whether BD wins or comes up short, it’s all good.  Another great show for the record books.  

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

I love how this thread is just full of love and respect.  Reminds me of the old BD forums. Comparing this thread to some of the other corps threads well.....

 

Whether BD wins or comes up short, it’s all good.  Another great show for the record books.  

No doubt. Of the shows they've had since their new direction (which started roughly around 2015), this show is one of my favorites. Just really good pacing and big moments and I think the pop music this year has been integrated better than any of the prior years since they started using it 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expect some "tweaks, changes, take outs and additions to make the show better" from the words of a MM. A short little interview yesterday on BD instagram story.

Whether it be big changes or small, as long as the show is truly evolve and make better. I am Excitingly looking forward!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.